• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Patch Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tripwire does use an anti cheat system for RO, It is called Valve Anti Cheat (VAC for short). VAC has been succesful for us so far...

thank god we have VAC, its been so useful to stop bugs in the game which basically allow wallhacking. Not even to talk about the oh so great delayed banning system which makes sure those players dont play in ladder matches :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
thank god we have VAC, its been so useful to stop bugs in the game which basically allow wallhacking. Not even to talk about the oh so great delayed banning system which makes sure those players dont play in ladder matches :rolleyes:

Exploiting a game bug isn't VAC's problem to stop. Repro it and report it to the devs Worluk, you should know that by now. Your sarcasim is unamusing. And as I said, if you don't like VAC's delayed ban system, express that opinion to Tripwire, but don't be an a hole about it (Tripwire listens to you better when you aren't).

Upvote 0
Exploiting a game bug isn't VAC's problem to stop. Repro it and report it to the devs Worluk, you should know that by now. Your sarcasim is unamusing. And as I said, if you don't like VAC's delayed ban system, express that opinion to Tripwire, but don't be an a hole about it (Tripwire listens to you better when you aren't).

i did many times, so did probably 50% of the ladder community which would probably mean only about 200 people. I think my sarcasm is amusing, at least for me. Also tbh. i have to intention to beg for anyones attention, TWIs or anybody else, the problems are there for half a year (and known, should i point to the thread in the bug forum?) and ruining competitive play atm, which means clans are moving away from RO faster than it would have to be. But then again, i stop caring.
I just think its funny that the obvious problems are no problems since the allmighty VAC takes care of them (in half a year when that cheating asstard wont play the game anymore anyway)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The thing is, demos don't prove too much. You cannot prove wallhacking with a demo, that's why people in ladder are looking into a program that would take random screenshots during the match. But it's pretty much impossible.

Mikhail said:
It surprises me that you complain about a game on its home forums. How about you stop playing then? I would rather have you leave then read your immature post trying to attack a game that everyone here loves. Lets give this guys a round of applause for being the biggest a hole here

How about you stop trolling here without any idea what we are talking about?

Upvote 0
Nobody ever said VAC was a bad choice, because, as someone else said, no anti-cheat is perfect.

Still, for the first, I dont know, maybe 12 months of the game the clan-scene was basically clear of any cheats, but this has changed. As Rak said a few people got banished from RO:ladder for using cheats or graphic-exploits that made them able to see through either walls or smoke or both...

As a result of this, there is a lot more mistrust within the community these days, especially against new players that arent known...

Upvote 0
Could TW please please please maybe just pull off one more big update as a way of saying thanks to all that have enjoyed playing and supporting RO: O, we the devs want to show this is how we care and listen to the community but because of our next project we sadly will not continue making any further updates so this is our official last goodbye gift. :D

Upvote 0
I have rarely seen people using hax, and in the few times I've seen people using them it was in the mod. There might be some people who can evade the vac-system but it's not like 70% of the player database uses them.

btw, is it just me, or did TWI replace Yoshiro's account with an automated message system that talks in a very formal way?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.