• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Biggest videogame clich

Biggest videogame clich

• Total voters
I have the legal shareware version of Wolf3d on my pc, and I can confirm on the no crates, only barrels, lamps, plants, hidden rooms, tables and chairs.

Shareware? pfft, go buy the full monty on Steam, its worth the few bucks to play all of it (and yes, it works just fine on a modern system, comes with Dosbox and launcher).

Spear of destiny is there aswell.

Upvote 0
Of the options listed I would say:

One man army saving the world

Come on have videogame makers ever read a book??
You can have really intriguing stories about more or less a nobody that only is out to save his 1 or 2 friend that still makes you feel for the main character and they make the main character seem very important within this limited scope.

But the ultimate clich

Upvote 0
Would be nice to play some of the old 3d realms or apogee games on these modern machines, but finding an irq for sound is next to impossible now, and the game tends to run at about 200x the speed it would on the old machines.

There's a few good apps that can help you play the oldies:

Dosbox: an MS-DOS emulator with build in CPU slowing utillity, very usefull, will run many old games.

VDM-Sound: Sound-Blaster emulator, a life saver for most sound problems.

Cli2Nop: More sound debugging, patches game executables so the Cli command nolonger gives your modern sound card a fatal heart attack.

NOLFB: Old timey SVGA video mode emulator thingie, for when you just gotta have that splendid 640x480 rez goodness on a modern vidcard.

Upvote 0