• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] 2008: What game are you looking forward to?

2008: What game are you looking forward to?

• Total voters

Ralfst3r

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
The Netherlands
2007 Was a great year for gaming, but 2008 seems to be pretty promising aswell.

What game are you looking forward to the most? (PC Games)

The list consists of games that have a (rough) release date in 2008.

Game - Euro Release Date

Frontlines: Fuel of War - 15 Feb 2008
Left 4 Dead - 15 Feb 2008
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - 29 Feb 2008
Alan Wake - 13 Mar 2008
Far Cry 2 - 28 Mar 2008
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - 28 Mar 2008
Spore - 20 Jun 2008
Fallout 3 - 28 Nov 2008
Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising - ? ? 2008
Splinter Cell: Conviction - Q2 2008
Empire: Total War - ? ? 2008
Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway - Q2 2008
Starcraft 2 - ? ? 2008
Armed Assault 2 - ? ? 2008

---

I voted for Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, but I'm pretty excited for Left 4 Dead aswell.

Last edited:
Voted OFP2 because I'm really curius about how it'll turn out. It may even surprass ArmA and ArmA II, or it may be a game like dumbed down Rainbow Six series. The teaser rocked my socks, I hope it'll live up to the promises.

Starcraft II and Fallout 3 come after this though :)

Upvote 0
Alan Wake is 3.5 months from now?? woot! (started to think it vaporware)

And I have high expectations for L4D and Spore.

Im also eager to have my hands on Metro 2033:The Last Refuge but it seems Im the only one. I just love the premise of that game+ its made by a Russian team and as we all know the east is now the renaissance center for PC games. (it is being developed for the PS3 as well, but its not a port)

Upvote 0
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway is the only game left for me really waiting for.
What else comes out, is nice, but i'm not gonna hold my breath for them.

I'm a huge OFP fan (actually together with Battlezone the greatest game i've ever played), and seeing the franchise in other's hands makes me anxious as hell.
I know what they did to my beloved R6 and Ghost Recon series when they got different developers, so each time i hear the words 'streamlining' or 'more accessible' i'm holding my heart in hopes they dont **** up...
Here's to hoping.

ArmA was a bit of a disappointment, a letdown if you will, so i'll see how ArmA2 turns out. I hope it'll be more like OFP, since it's supposed to focus on a storyline more this time.
I'm looking forward to ArmA2 more then to OFP2, cause i know at least they wont dumb things down for the mainstream masses.

Upvote 0
I used to feel the obsessive need for more good "realistic" tactical shooters so I would have voted Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway.

But I've seen a couple of trailers and I lost my appetite.

So I voted Alan Wake, because even though the trailers haven't shown sh*t I know I'm gonna love it.
Although Left 4 Dead is going to be a gem aswell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
None of them!

Perhaps I am jaded, but...

Frontlines - Might be good, but war is so boring. Apart from RO.

Left 4 Dead - Valve and the developer of CS:CZ are involved. I'll wait and see on that one.

Mercenaries 2 - Publised by EA. So it can kiss my round man sized arse.

Alan Wake - Needs Vista. So I won't be playing it. At least not in 2008.

Far Cry 2 - Being developed in house at Ubisoft, at the same studio that made a load of bad 3rd person action games. So. No.

Rainbow 6 : Vegas 2 - Yeah. See what I said about Far Cry 2.

Spore - I'll not get my hopes up, but it has promise. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm looking forward to it.

Fallout 3 - Being developed by liars at Bethesda. Not holding my breath.

Operation Flashpoint 2 - Being developed in house at Codemasters, can't see it being anywhere near as good as OFP.

Splinter Cell: Conviction - Splinter Cell bores me. And Sam Fisher can't shoot straight. Why give me a gun if you're going to nerf it.

Empire: Total War - Given the poor strategy map AI of everything since Medievil I'll wait and see.

Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway - Might just be me, but I am so sick of the 101st.

Starcraft 2 - Bleh. Not into RTS.

Armed Assault 2 - Given how quickly Bohemia moved from ArmA to ArmA2 I guess they decided to stop and start over given how sloppy ArmA was. Fingers crossed they can get it right this time.

I'm looking forward to Storm Of War: Battle Of Britain, new game from Maddox.

That's all that springs to mind for now.

Upvote 0
Armed Assault 2 - Given how quickly Bohemia moved from ArmA to ArmA2 I guess they decided to stop and start over given how sloppy ArmA was. Fingers crossed they can get it right this time.

ArmA2 has been as long in development as ArmA itself has been.
Actually, ArmA was truely ment as a 'gapfiller' betweeen OFP and ArmA2 (originally game2, i guess they chose the name ArmA2 so they could start up a franchise or something...)
I dont see what people think is so bad in ArmA anyway, except the framerate (wich will get better with 1.09 patch, i know cause i tried it and it does improve it a lot) and sucking AI in urban terrain (something they mean to fix in ArmA2, and what ive seen in the video displaying ArmA2 AI it has allready improved greatly, and im sure it can only get better from there).

Personally im pretty sure ArmA2 will be better optimised, as they figured out what caused the bad framerate in ArmA1, and they are fixing it allready for that one.
ArmA2's development started when ArmA's development started, so we'll wait and see.

Upvote 0
Well, I WAS looking forward to Shattered Faith ... :(

I was sure it would steal ALL my ROOST time.. :eek:

Shattered Faith is an epic battle of mankind’s spirit against the unknown. It covers three epochs in time as it drives a war that changes the face of our planet.
Players will take part in both sides of the conflict, defending our home or invading without remorse. Faith in our continuing way of life, the power of our governments, and the superiority of man has been shattered. Will you survive what is to come?

Campaign mode and what not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEbQ8c_TFQc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulwttu0X0C8

make damn sure you check this out!

Last edited:
Upvote 0