• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics PPD vs PPSH vs PPS

PPSh is the way to go once you get the hang of it. After that, I view it as a tradeoff between per-magazine ammo capacity and high recoil vs. lower recoil but smaller magazines.

I find the PPS-43 to be perfectly useful, though.

Honestly, though, I'll almost always take the PPSh-41 as I find it to be the most versatile weapon. Firing in short bursts, you have decent control. And it's tough to beat for close-quarters hipping.

Upvote 0
PPD for me. I tend to grab that gun for any task other than really long-range sniping.

The open sight makes it easier to aim at long ranges, and when prone it will reliably knock down a running kraut at up to 150 m and a stationary one at 200 - granted, the farther it is the more ammo you'll spend.

I find that when you're fully rested the recoil isn't bad at all, I've reliably hipped people at up to 25 m (I usually crouch while firing if its over 15 m or so). And it acts like a long-range chainsaw when used in a room - the MP40 doesn't even come close. MP40 it only wounds if used to sweep across a target, whereas the PPD saws people in half (the PPSH is just as good for that, more recoil but more ROF, I pick PPD cause its better at long range).

The PPS43 is slightly more manageable but having twice the ammo is definitely an advantage if you run into more than one opponent, so I still pick the PPD. Of course, having only four drums before you have to use half-empty ones is frustrating, but consider that it means that you already killed four krauts!

Best wishes,
Daniel.

Upvote 0
the MP40 doesn't even come close. MP40 it only wounds if used to sweep across a target, whereas the PPD saws people in half (the PPSH is just as good for that, more recoil but more ROF, I pick PPD cause its better at long range).

The MP40 is a fine gun that most people mark as "inferior" to the PPSh/PPD but that's not so. You can shoulder the 40 faster, and it's great if you're leaning. The drum on the Russian SMGs can obscure your vision sometimes, and the MP-40/PPS are a lot more controlable in unsupported positions. That said, the PPSh/PPD are great if used with bursts, but you can unload a whole mag with the PPS and keep it right on target even if you're just crouched and unsupported.

Upvote 0
The MP40 is a fine gun that most people mark as "inferior" to the PPSh/PPD but that's not so. You can shoulder the 40 faster, and it's great if you're leaning. The drum on the Russian SMGs can obscure your vision sometimes, and the MP-40/PPS are a lot more controlable in unsupported positions. That said, the PPSh/PPD are great if used with bursts, but you can unload a whole mag with the PPS and keep it right on target even if you're just crouched and unsupported.
Yeah the MP40 is by no stretch bad, I can auto just as well with it as a PPSh41, it's all about aim. I actually prefer the MP40 to the StG44 in a lot close quarter situations, the StG44 just seems to jump around like a mad cat from the hip.

Upvote 0