• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Moscow_beta1

smokeythebear

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
RO-MOSCOW_BETA1

Shot00268.jpg

Shot00264.jpg

Download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S7L2FXU4

http://files.filefront.com/RO+Moscow+beta1zip/;9342711;/fileinfo.html

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Ok, I've tried a little (alone), so I can't judge the gameplay yet, only the looks.
I've already mentioned the look of the church, but there is also this graveyard. I somehow doubt that in the capital there would be graveyard right in the backyard of some house.
I liked those trolleybuses, they look good, but you should consider adding wires above them.
I've came across some interesting poster, which says "We will come to Berlin". :)
In Kommisarhaus there is german ammo box for MG42 (???). Near it there are few green spots on the floor and the ceiling. Probably lighting bug?
Destroyed Tiger and SU-122 in the city?..
And the monument looks EXTREMELY cheesy. If I were you, I would delete it and put a horse from Warsaw or anything.. Minumap is also looks meh to me..

From what I've seen that is definetly not Moscow, but if it has good gameplay, I will not have problem with it.

Upvote 0
Ok, I've tried a little (alone), so I can't judge the gameplay yet, only the looks.
I've already mentioned the look of the church, but there is also this graveyard. I somehow doubt that in the capital there would be graveyard right in the backyard of some house.
I liked those trolleybuses, they look good, but you should consider adding wires above them.
I've came across some interesting poster, which says "We will come to Berlin". :)
In Kommisarhaus there is german ammo box for MG42 (???). Near it there are few green spots on the floor and the ceiling. Probably lighting bug?
Destroyed Tiger and SU-122 in the city?..
And the monument looks EXTREMELY cheesy. If I were you, I would delete it and put a horse from Warsaw or anything.. Minumap is also looks meh to me..

From what I've seen that is definetly not Moscow, but if it has good gameplay, I will not have problem with it.

I ran across those lights too just it slipped my mind when it came to fixing them. The minimap is a placeholder for an actual minimap. I'm making changes to the first section and last section of the map itself so it had to wait. I agree on the monument too.

Upvote 0
I got to play 5-6 rounds of Moscow today. It played very well and turned out to be mostly medium range rifle combat. I don't think the 'park' area fits into the map so I will overhaul that. All the other objectives played great especially the hotel and the square. There were some very intense fights for the final objective in the final minutes of the game.

Expect beta2 soon.

Upvote 0
You could always just add more miscellaneous cover/obstacles to the park to plug up lines of fire and give attackers a chance. A park could have trees, craters, lampposts, trenches, wrecked cars/wagons, street trams, all sorts of items to give attackers a chance to get in the cap and live to secure it.

Upvote 0
You could always just add more miscellaneous cover/obstacles to the park to plug up lines of fire and give attackers a chance. A park could have trees, craters, lampposts, trenches, wrecked cars/wagons, street trams, all sorts of items to give attackers a chance to get in the cap and live to secure it.

Dont worry too much about the park. After I released beta1 I completely cut out the park objective except for the ruins that lie in front of the church. Instead of being a huge incline it will have level streets and raised areas for trees. In my experience the axis side never had a problem capturing the park as it is now.

Upvote 0
just had to come and say bravo for this map, gameplay-wise i had many great moments.
it's a nice mix of indoor and outdoor fighting.
only i dont have a moscow feeling and the buildings are not in harmony with each other.
the gameplay is great and if you can get the buildings to fit with each other better visually, then you have a great map.

Upvote 0
I haven't played this map so much yet, but I agree with others that more cover is needed in the park area. I played as a german and our team only got once inside the church:p. But I hope gameplay will change later on.

BTW, when will beta2 be released?

Edit: Now that we started to talk about this statue problem I noticed the statue we are talking about is floating in the air.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was just wondering; would you consider adding some blaring music at the Kommisiariat Station??

I was thinking perhaps Soviet composer Sergei Prokofiev's film score music (composed in 1939) for the Eisenstein film Alexander Nevsky (Op. 78), from movement No. 4 of the score, "Arise, ye Russian People (great music)," or the Internationale.

I think that would add a nice touch.

Please think about it.

I only played the Moscow map once; I think the monument was of a large hammer and sickle which was the national symbol of the Soviet Union.

What's wrong with that?? That was their national symbol, and that horse statue is the ugliest stupidest statue I've ever seen.

It reminds me of this hamburger dive at 9 Mile & Dequindre:

http://www.angelfire.com/de2/detroitpix/Brays.html

You should have something other instead of a dumb horse; I mean, we are after all talking about the Soviet Union and Moscow was the capital and center of the Soviet Union.

When I'm playing, I want the gameplay to simulate like I'm in the capital of the Soviet Union.

I'm learning about static meshes and all that, so I don't know what it takes to make one's own statue, but alternatively you could have a statue of Karl Marx or Lenin; they were the Soviet Union's national founders and leaders.

Would that be too offensive???

I don't know if you've ever played Point of Existence 2 (POE2) which is a modern combat mod for BF2 set during a near futuristic fictional war between Ukraine and Germany, but they have a statue of Lenin set in a city courtyard in one of their maps (although it makes less sense in POE because most Ukrainians, my impression is, do not like the Russians).

I would like to see better statues in RO; all I see is this dumb horse (ok, it is better than nothing).

I mean Europe has some great statues of old kings, queens, saints, composers, writers, and other national historical figures like generals, etc.

Let's try and use some of them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was just wondering; would you consider adding some blaring music at the Kommisiariat Station??

I was thinking perhaps Soviet composer Sergei Prokofiev's film score music (composed in 1939) for the Eisenstein film Alexander Nevsky (Op. 78), from movement No. 4 of the score, "Arise, ye Russian People (great music)," or the Internationale.

I think that would add a nice touch.

Please think about it.

Sure why not. Right now I have zero sound in the level which is not good.

Upvote 0