• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TripWire's "next project"

How about they make an SP campaign from the German perspective with mature characters, depth, branching storyline and that doesn't treat war like an action movie but tries to convey absolute horror.

I know I ask a lot :D

TWI could adapt the film Stalingrad and have the main character freeze to death out on the steppe at the end. It would be awesome.

Seriously though, if TWI go down that route of making a war game in the same vein as All Quiet on The Western Front, Stalingrad, Downfall, Thin Red Line etc about the horror and pointlessness of war, and give it deep characters that you care about and giving the player some very tough decisions that mean something in the game I'd play it. Might even give the game industry some more credibility as an art medium.

Upvote 0
TWI could adapt the film Stalingrad and have the main character freeze to death out on the steppe at the end. It would be awesome.

Seriously though, if TWI go down that route of making a war game in the same vein as All Quiet on The Western Front, Stalingrad, Downfall, Thin Red Line etc about the horror and pointlessness of war, and give it deep characters that you care about and giving the player some very tough decisions that mean something in the game I'd play it. Might even give the game industry some more credibility as an art medium.
That's exactly the line of thinking going through m head, I wan't an anti-war game that pulls no punches and leaves chest beating hollywood heroism behind.

Upvote 0