• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Movies that made you cry

silent.jpg

...all you have to do from now on, is just maintain the forest.
I just can't do it anymore. You see.... things haven't worked out for me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is that the movie where this guy lives in a lonely world with just a handful of mini-bots to keep him company ? I couldn't remember the name of it. :(

The movie that made me feel very sad but not crying (I can't cry in films) was in Cyborg 2 when Jack Palance goes into a sort of mourning while Angelina Jolie and Elias Koteas are doing their business together :cool: It made me feel quite related to it especially at the time as I have never experienced intercourse out of my whole life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
noob. realy. people that think saving privat ryan never have seen a good movie and dont know people that were in that war. saving private ryan was the worst WW2 movie ever made, it sucks. it crap. and it sucks.

Yea I honestly never thought "wow this is touching" while watching it, more like "wow cool action shots". That's why I like The Thin Red Line more.

Upvote 0
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is that the movie where this guy lives in a lonely world with just a handful of mini-bots to keep him company ? I couldn't remember the name of it. :(

Yeah pagan's right silent running. it's a decent little cult film- to refresh your memory..

The guy (Bruce Dern) is botanist on a spaceship whose domes contain the last living example's of each of earth's ecosystems. The other human crew, like presumibly most ppl on earth, dont give a damn about them.
For some reason they are ordered to destroy them- the botanist is having none of that so before the last one is blown up he starts a succesfull one man mutiny.

In the absense of human crew he befreinds and names the 3 mute servo droids (one of them postumously) Huey, Dewey and Lewie. He re-programs them to help with his eco-chores, and tries to teach them human things like poker for example.
One of the droids gets injured after being hit by Dern in a buggy and can barely walk so Bruce Dern (who is racked with guilt for 'taking care' of the crew) decides the two of them should take their lives and leave the last robot to take care of the last remaining forest in existance. Cue lonely ickle blue robot with a watering can, to Joan Baez's beautifully sung earth music.

It's an eco-tastic SciFi hippy sobfest. I think it dates back to '72 - doubt think many here have seen it - my money was on Nestor or phaps Floyd identifying it first.

Upvote 0
I cry everytime I see Dirty Dancing, because I realise how desperate I am to get the girl laid whom I watch this movie with :D

More seriously, the one and only movie ever that made me shed tears is Return to Paradise. It's truly awesome in it's overwhelming tragedy. No matter how you feel, after that movie you will be depressed. A lot.

Upvote 0