• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

killing tank driver

max20000

Feb 11, 2007
Im playing RO for quite long time. And I have some issues with killing tank drivers (when hatch is open). Its happens in a lots of cases... Eg. Im crawling near enemy tank (t34) from he's left side, then driver open he's hatch, im maybe 5 (or less) feet away from him, starting to aim with pistol (or rifle), he's head is excacly in my ironsight (to be more precisly he's head is 3x bigger than my iron sight) and BAM BAM BAM BAM... nothing happens... he's still alive, then tank turn and mg kills me... the same story with commander popping out of he's hatch, im aimng with rifle in the middle of his back BAM, and nothing... can some1 explain this to me? why models are so inaccurate?

Nope there is no bug i killed tank drivers as long as i can remember so nice to hide in the bushes waiting while the german tanker opens his hatch (almost all of them do) and BAM the guy is dead. So it is possible to kill them just have to aim better.

wow men, there can be no better aim... 2 yard away from his head, aiming with rifle, no way to miss non moving target with no moving player with head thats completly cover crosshair (ironsight)... with ppsh its another story, but with rifle ? even with pistol its hard to miss, but rifle? no way

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's a known bug.

Yeah, it's a known bug.

The driver was there a few seconds before, but due to lag or whatever the image remains after the driver has in fact closed his hatch. Same thing with Commander. It happens only rarely to me, but I have fallen victim to this before myself. The dead giveaway in at least a couple cases I've experienced is that I know the guy is solo-tanking, but either the tank or the turret is in motion while the image of the nonexistent person remains. I've fired on the phantom commander in the turret, only to have the turret mg kill me while my supposed target remains erect in the commander's hatch - and I restate for emphasis, this was a case where I know the guy who got me was solotanking at the time.

Lag? That's my guess. Bug? Maybe. But it happens.

Upvote 0