• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hard to make but it`s worth it.

They had somewhat realistic armament in the beta version of this map, but when the map was officially included they were replaced with German weapons. As far as I remember the reason was that Russian weapons in German hands were too confusing for some people or something like that, lol. Anyways, Finnish voices might be interesting, but there isn't even Finnish troops in the game at the moment so there's no point. Some Finn-mod would be cool but who would make it and would anyone else but Finns play it?

Upvote 0
shouldnt be that hard...yeah some new models (guns and Uniforms etc.), some maps, voice commands ( don't say you cant find anyone who speaks Finnish ;)). i cant do anything of those but map and i actually suck totally in that :(

The reality proves that is hard. RO is one and a half year old (it was later released in Germany :p) the Mods are there (nearly) since day one. But until now there hasn't been a single release (even if we get closer).
If you take Caparthian Crosses as an example (they try to bring us the Romanian Army to Ostfront, which would be roughly the same work effort as you suggest it would be for the Finnish Army).
Adding this "few" content still means month of work for a lot of ppl even if they don't have to do the Russian models and weapons. As a mapper you should know better ...

Upvote 0
The Finnish used both German and captured Soviet weapons during WW2.

I haven't ever even heard German small arms being used by front line troops. There was small (few hundred) amount of Kar98k aquired (used by second line or home front troops), and some MP-40 and MG-34 that came with the StuGs (latter was replaced with DT I believe), but othervise there was none. Basically front line troops had captured or bought Russian/Soviet weaponry and domestic designs or modifications to these Russian weapons, all of which fired either 7.62x54R or 9mm Parabellum.

Second line and coastal troops had all kinds of misc and exotic small arms that had been aquired in small numbers from various places. They weren't used in the front line since the huge variety of different calibres would have burdened the supply lines and manufacturing or buying ammunitions for these Belgian, Italian, Swedish, Danish, German, Czech, British, Japanese etc. weapons would have been impossible.

Upvote 0