• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Exoskeleton in RL

I wanted to see him punch somebody with MAXIMUM STRENGTH. I bet 5 bucks it would make bodies and cars fly farther than what that old washed up "CrySuit" does. I also wanted to see him jump as high as he can, but I guess we can't have everything.

Did anybody else wonder if that ammo can the old man picked up was actually 70 lbs?

Upvote 0
Anyone else notice the big honkin' power cables?

Prototype dude. All in good time. I wouldn't imagine it would be too hard to strap a good sized battery on that that would last a while. It could handle the weight and you'd just have adjust the software that stablizes it.

That'll have to do untill WesTek gets its butt moving and invents Micro Fusion Cells.

Upvote 0
Prototype dude. All in good time. I wouldn't imagine it would be too hard to strap a good sized battery on that that would last a while. It could handle the weight and you'd just have adjust the software that stablizes it.

Umm ... Good luck with that. There's a reason independently powered exoskeletons and jetpacks are among the things that always show up in pulp science fiction but never reality.

Upvote 0
yknow theres already personal portable jetpacks, US mitiary made a scarce few of em and cancelled due to costs but they worked.

Thank you for setting that one up. One of the most tested jetpacks had 21 seconds of endurance. 21 ... seconds. Imagine stretching your flight to 15 seconds and then being worried about a safe landing.

Some could fly for a whole two minutes. The physics just doesn't work.

With exoskeletons, you need a -really- dense source of energy to have a reasonable endurance. Batteries aren't particularly energy dense, and they're awfully heavy. You can load up more batteries, but when they're out of juice, you're still lugging all the weight.

Upvote 0
Umm ... Good luck with that. There's a reason independently powered exoskeletons and jetpacks are among the things that always show up in pulp science fiction but never reality.

Given the recent advances in battery technology, and increased efficienies in artificial muscles, a workable prototype doesn't seem that far off. The BigDog robot can carry around a 100lbs. and they can run the thing with a weedwacker motor.

Batteries are constantly getting smaller, lighter, etc. You could distribute the weight of the batteries across the exoskeleton. I'm not saying it'll be out the door tomorrow but give it a few years.

Upvote 0