• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unreal Tournament 3

Did you buy the Collector's Edition of UT3? or the regular edition?

Collectors Edition.

So far I can't find a start icon for the editor so I haven't checked it out. And so far no luck with the lack of antialiasing, I've read threads over at UT forums talking about how DX10 is required to get full effects, but I'm not installing Vista.) I'm sure the graphics look good but as of now they jsut look jagged, like a 800x600 game run on a large monitor.

Upvote 0
Collectors Edition.

So far I can't find a start icon for the editor so I haven't checked it out. And so far no luck with the lack of antialiasing, I've read threads over at UT forums talking about how DX10 is required to get full effects, but I'm not installing Vista.) I'm sure the graphics look good but as of now they jsut look jagged, like a 800x600 game run on a large monitor.

An icon for the editor is automatically created when you install.

Did you manage to watch any of the training videos that come with the collector's edition? along with the documentaries?

Upvote 0

An icon for the editor is automatically created when you install.

Did you manage to watch any of the training videos that come with the collector's edition? along with the documentaries?
Thanks, I found it and am looking at it now. (edit: I like the editor and am looking forward to using it; there seem to be some improvements that will make working on maps easier.) I haven't watched the videos yet.

I just tried setting AA on in the Nvidia Control Panel; makes the game look even worse.

Also I discovered that the cutscenes are beautiful; the first frame of them that is. After the first frame, the game locks up my computer so I have to do a hard reboot.

I really want to love this, but the first-day experience is souring the deal for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The book is small, it fits inside the DVD case and is only a few pages long. It is hard cover, but feels more like a flip book. As a result, the illustrations in it are much too small, which is a shame cause the art is great and has alot of detail which you can not see. I also wish there was less concept art and more game engine models/textures.

The real gem of the collector's edition is the 10-20 hours worth of traninig videos for UE3, and the two cool documentaries ("The Making of UT3" and "The History of Unreal Tournament").

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The book is small, it fits inside the DVD case and is only a few pages long. It is hard cover, but feels more like a flip book. As a result, the illustrations in it are much too small, which is a shame cause the art is great and has alot of detail which you can not see. I also wish there was less concept art and more game engine models/textures.

The real gem of the collector's edition is the 10-20 hours worth of traninig videos for UE3, and the two cool documentaries ("The Making of UT3" and "The History of Unreal Tournament").

thanks- i was wondering if it was smallish- didn't know the size of the CE packaging.
I guess it was never gonna be like raising the bar, which despite causing disappointment by showing many cool features, enviroments and NCPs that never actually made Hl2, is certainly an excellent book.

I would like to get the tutorials and such, but phaps later as if I buy this game now i'll feel compelled to play it, and frankly I haven't got time to play the many games already sitting neglected on my shelf.

Upvote 0