• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

lets guess when forgotten hope 2 will come out.

Never played FH, and it will probably be a week or two before I play this because the computer I just ordered didn't pass quality control and had to get sent back :(.

So, anyway, does anybody know if there's going to be manual bolting?

I just watched some gameplay footage on Youtube, and it does not look like there is going to be manual bolting. As a matter of fact, none of the weapons appear to have any kind of recoil (even the Bren), and it sure as hell looks like there's a Halo-style recharging health system.

I'll hold my opinion until I actually get to play it, but I'm fairly skeptical now. I just remember how disappointed I was when that Vietnam mod came out and it sucked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Never played FH, and it will probably be a week or two before I play this because the computer I just ordered didn't pass quality control and had to get sent back :(.

I just watched some gameplay footage on Youtube, and it does not look like there is going to be manual bolting. As a matter of fact, none of the weapons appear to have any kind of recoil (even the Bren), and it sure as hell looks like there's a Halo-style recharging health system.

I'll hold my opinion until I actually get to play it, but I'm fairly skeptical now. I just remember how disappointed I was when that Vietnam mod came out and it sucked.
I think thats the wrong mindset to be in. You shouldn't go into a game expecting it to be Red Orchestra in north Africa, or red orchestra in Vietnam, because you'll probably be disappointed.
Anyway, the FH team know what their doing, its a fairly safe bet that if you enjoy RO then you'll probably enjoy this. loosing manual bolting isn't the worst thing, recoil is there, the player is probably just compensating for it, and it doesn't have the health system from halo as you can use field dressing, ala PR.

Upvote 0
Intersting things I read on their forum.

* They have a night map, mainly for infantry.
* Infantry and armour must cooperate to cap areas: armour for transport and protection, infantry to cap the area. Riding on tanks will be common.
* Iron sights and animations look really good to me.
* Their points system is interesting also. Being a good teamleader really pays off.
* Teamwork for artillery is also very nicely done: being able to spot your own shots from a topview as arty-man is a nice touch

It's certainly not RO, but it has other gems instead.
Monk.

Upvote 0

well you will love it i used to always play FH1 i had many Great battles ;):) also i looking forward to the japs in the jungle fighting

Upvote 0
I wasn't really interested in this mod till I saw the infantry video where the guy is loading up a rifle mounted grenade and actually loaded in a blank fire round to fire it off.

The attention of detail is what I really like in realism based games.

Time to patch up BF2 and download the client.

Does anyone have any idea what version of BF2 this will require- i couldn't find any info.
i hope not one of the later versions- that's a crap load of patch.

Upvote 0