• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2 Questions Re: Weapons Zoom & Class Loadouts

BigShot

Dec 5, 2007
I know alot of you will cringe at the thought...but,

1- is there anyway to zoom in with iron sites?...I have an especially difficult time using the PTARD at long ranges because without any zoom function the movement/adjustment of the aiming site on screen is so slight at long distance that my mouse (or hand) just doesnt seem to support it...a little bit of zoom would go a long way...anyway of adding this, or is there a mutator for it?

2- is it possible to allow a russian soldier to be able to hold more than 1 panzerfaust at a time?...actually what id really like to do is to add a new Russian AT class to the game which would have a loadout of 3 panzerfausts on his back and a rifle. Sometimes you just dont feel like laying around in the dirt with a PTARD, hehe.

Thanks for the help.

1.) You'll probably never, ever see any iron sight zoom. Maybe just decrease your mouse sensitivity if it's that much of a problem.

2.) Russian soliders already can carry up to 3 fausts, just like the Germans. It's just that you don't see the Russian equivilant of a PaK Soldat, spawning with three fausts, as that would just be cheezy. At best the russians only used captured fausts and certainly didn't have soldiers dedicated to using them.

Upvote 0
Bigshot, add this to your USER.INI file for RO

RightMouse=set Engine.PlayerInput MouseSensitivity 0.6 | onrelease set Engine.PlayerInput MouseSensitivity 3.0

RightMouse - being the key you want it bound to.
MouseSensitivity 0.6 - set to whatever LOWER mouse sensitivity you want for more accurate aiming.
MouseSensivity 3.0 - set to whatever your REGULAR mouse sensitivity is.

With the above, as long as you hold the key down your mouse sensitivity drops for careful aiming, releasing gives you back your regular feel.
I have a G5 Mouse with has it's own sensitivity buttons but still found the above easier.

T.

Upvote 0
thanks guys, I'll try that ini trick for the mouse settings, hopefully itll work out.

I didnt realize the russian soldier could hold more than 1 panzerfaust!, lol...just goes to show you how new i am here:)....i suppose since most of the stock maps only have 1 laying around here and there that i never tried picking up 2 at once....i wish i could edit the stock maps to add a nest of them near a spawn point...ive done some map maing and editing for Arma but i wouldnt know where to begin for RO.

Upvote 0
Yeah that really works! :rolleyes:

Just use your own eyes, & aim for the sweet spots! You dont normally have to lead much eaith cos of the high velocity. Really dont see what the problem is here..!?

"the problem" is that when you start getting a little older it becomes more and more difficult not only to FIND, but then also to be able to AIM at something like a weak spot hundreds of meters away and only slightly more than the size of a speck of dust on your computer screen...plus it might be moving, lol.

You'll understand when you pass into your 40's (unless youre blessed with perfect vision)

Upvote 0
"the problem" is that when you start getting a little older it becomes more and more difficult not only to FIND, but then also to be able to AIM at something like a weak spot hundreds of meters away and only slightly more than the size of a speck of dust on your computer screen...plus it might be moving, lol.

You'll understand when you pass into your 40's (unless youre blessed with perfect vision)

Fair enough!

But unfortunatly we wont be seeing any kind of artificial zoom in RO!

Upvote 0
yes, but the binos --> PTRD aiming works and is great fun for hitting the sweet spots on tanks, or for sniping infantry and leaving them headless, my personal favorite use.

yep, i tried this method last night since i use the binos alot anyway in order to make sure im not going to shoot a friendly...it works as long as the tank isnt moving, hehe.

I like this game. It's one of the very few titles that i think will get a good amount of hard drive time on my machine other than Arma and UT, i only wish it had a couple more classes with more interesting weapons...and the AI of course needs major improvements, it seems theyre either brain dead stupid and run right by you OR they can get a one-shot kill from the hip at 80m...as of now i have them set at "experienced soldier" and id like them more active but im afraid to turn them up due to the perfect aim they have. I'm one of those who's always preferred to play in coop sessions with humans vs bots, and while the AI isnt exactly game stopping bad it definately needs fixing nonetheless.

I'm having fun though...still havent gotten through all the included maps yet and havent really played online either because i dont think im good enough yet. I wouldnt mind getting online with a coop server for newer players though!

Upvote 0
I'm having fun though...still havent gotten through all the included maps yet and havent really played online either because i dont think im good enough yet. I wouldnt mind getting online with a coop server for newer players though!

Don't worry about being good enought to play online,,ur probably alot better than u think,,and there's all kinds online fr. Newbie-Novic- to Very good RO players.

So the best thing is to jump online ASAP,,the fun factor will go up 10X

!SeaDog~

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, forget the bots. Playing offline is useful for learning the weapons and maps but the bots were never tuned. As soon as you learn the different movements and are familiar with your weapon just jump online. The worst anyone can do is shoot you, and we all get shot far too often.:)

Very true, just jump online. I actually do worse against bots sometimes because I'm a big fan of dashing from cover to cover, or using bushes and such to conceal my advance.

This works against a human player, as they often can't get an accurate shot off in the time between when they see me and when I'm concealed/behind cover again. But with bots, I stick my head out from around a box and 70% of the time I get hip sniped by some bot who's in mid bunny hop 100m away.

Upvote 0
Not to mention that the bots can spot you MUCH easier than a player. You can be hiding in a bush static and be otherwise unnoticeable to a human player, but the bots will lock on to you instantly and, while it may take them an entire PPSh clip to kill you, they'll still hit you from the hip if you tune them high enough.

The bots are basically terrible and good only for target practice, but they were never intended for anything else.

Upvote 0