• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Movies that made you cry

Crusher

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Belgium
Just like the "games that made you cry" thread except for movies

I'll start
The reason why I made this thread is because I saw "Children of men" today (bought it on dvd a couple of months ago but didn't really want to watch it for a long time because it decreases the value of the dvd) and it was really touching, I didn't really cry but there were moments I was like "that's so touching".

Not a movie but the episode of futurama where fry wants to clone his dog but doesn't do it at the end, and then you see his dog back in 2000 waiting for him till he dies. I didn't cry, but it was even more touching then Children of men.

When I was 10 I think I almost cried every time when I saw the Lion king, the part where simba's father dies. Can't really remember the rest of the movie.

The Good the Bad and the Ugly
Tuco meets his brother and they discuss their lifestyles. When Tuco and Blondie drive away afterwards, Tuco lies to Blondie and pretends that his brother likes him a lot and would always have a meal for him. Then Blondie (who sees through it because he overheard the conversation before) gives him one of his cigars.

Didn't make me cry, but it made my eyes water a bit.

Same goes for the infinitely awesome monologue of Roy Batty alias Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner. It makes everything seem so small and unimportant. One of my favorite scenes ever.

Upvote 0
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
Tuco meets his brother and they discuss their lifestyles. When Tuco and Blondie drive away afterwards, Tuco lies to Blondie and pretends that his brother likes him a lot and would always have a meal for him. Then Blondie (who sees through it because he overheard the conversation before) gives him one of his cigars.

Didn't make me cry, but it made my eyes water a bit.
That's a very subtle one. You must be a good person. :)

Upvote 0
Same goes for the infinitely awesome monologue of Roy Batty alias Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner. It makes everything seem so small and unimportant. One of my favorite scenes ever.

Is that the attack ships burning off the shoulder of Orion speech? The German officer giving that speech in the last episode of BoB about all the **** they'd all been through gets me.

The last film I remember crying about was a animal film when I was 6. It was about a Grizzly Bear living in Canada, or Alaska. Anyway, the film followed this Grizzly and a Grizzly cub that followed it everywhere, but the Grizzly kept on pushing it away for most of the film. Towards the end of the film winter set in and the Grizzly went off to hibernate and the little cub was too weak to follow it and just kinda sat there in the snow looking very sad. I was watching it with my sister and cousin who were both older and I received zero comfort from both of them, the assholes!

EDIT: Assholes isn't censored? Wow.

Upvote 0
I cry during movies a lot.
Especially if Im hungover or tired, then I'm specially sensitive and it doesn't take much in a movie to move me to tears... :D

Not in those 'Titanic' type movies, more like Children of Men (awesome movie btw) where its more like the humanity and hopelessness of it. And sometimes tears of joy because a scene is very moving or beautiful (My Neighbor Totoro).

Examples:
Everything Is Illuminated
The Wind That Shakes The Barley (basically any Loach movie, he knows how to stir the spirit :p )
Grbavica
The Fog of War
Paradise Now
Watership Down (if you dont cry during 'Bright Eyes' you're not human, really)

Latest I cried in a movie theater; Control (at the end).
Guess I'm a sensitive bastard.

Upvote 0
I don't cry, I'm too manly.

However, films that made me sad.

Forest Gump
Gladiator
A Beautiful Mind (sad in a good way)
Das Boot
Princess Mononoke
Amadeus
The Green Mile
That bit in Equilibrium where he saves the puppy. Honestly I almost died.
Rutger Hauers genius speech at the end of Blade Runner
That German Officers speech in BoB
The end of Saving Private Ryan - war graveyards are sad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Stalingrad by Vilsmaier (not the Zaitsev thing).

When, after all the **** they went through, Reiser - on the brink of death, on a freezing cold field - is holding the already dead Von Witzland and he's talking about the stars in the desert.

Yeah, that was pretty awesome...

For me, the ending of Schindlers List was very moving. The moment Schindler goes away and leaves the factory, and the workers made him a ring of pulled out teeth etc, with an enscription from the Talmud saying "Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire".
Then Schindler starts crying and saying he could have sold more of his things to save more jews, that it wasnt enough etc... Such a great movie.

Upvote 0
I can be quite sensitive about those kind of things (most of us are, it's just that most men are too much of a pussy to admit it:p), but like the other thread I don't remember them all.

American Beauty touched me deeply. That was just beautiful in every way. That guy with his videocamera and the plastic bag... existentialism at its best.

Children Of Men was great too, I agree... as well as The Green Mile.

edit: Band Of Brothers, when they discovered the extermination camp.

Last edited:
Upvote 0