• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New (possible) player

cr00mz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2007
Hello i noticed this game through steam and before, and if i buy it, i have some questions. If i buy this game i want to play with people, but when i refresh the server list in steam i get not one server of this game at all, is it that no one is playing? or does the game use a server list of its own (through the game), and can you give me a rough number on how many servers/players there are on at one point?

sorry if this are stupid questions, but i have been playing day of defeat source for quite some time now, and it is getting borin so i am looking for a new FPS, i like historic shooter so this got me. I havent found any demo for it (is there one? or a trial?) to try it out.

RO costs only 20$

RO costs only 20$

I don't know about using the Steam server browser but the server browser in Red Orchestra shows plenty of servers, about 200 or so, and people playing on them.
The game itself is so cheap that there is no need for a demo :) - Go ahead and purchase it and proceed to terrorise the battlefields of RO!!:D:eek:

Upvote 0
I am in the 5th Ranger Battalion Realism unit for Day of Defeat Source.

I've been playing games for a few years now, mostly FPS and I must say that RO is by far my favorite game.. bar none...

I wish my unit would switch to Red Orchestra. Maybe if Dev switched the game to the UT3 engine we would, but until that day arrives (if ever) we are stuck with DoD:S.

I say go out and get the $20 game, its not much and it will be a great time

Upvote 0
It is unique in that it offers a type of gameplay that you won't find with any other game- and not many games can say that. More importantly the difference it offers is, on the whole, based about immersive realism. So if you think thats important, this is the best shooter game you will play online.
Don't let the initial difficulty put you off- cracking that , as everyone does after a while, is extremely rewarding.

Upvote 0
Hello i noticed this game through steam and before, and if i buy it, i have some questions. If i buy this game i want to play with people, but when i refresh the server list in steam i get not one server of this game at all, is it that no one is playing? or does the game use a server list of its own (through the game), and can you give me a rough number on how many servers/players there are on at one point?

sorry if this are stupid questions, but i have been playing day of defeat source for quite some time now, and it is getting borin so i am looking for a new FPS, i like historic shooter so this got me. I havent found any demo for it (is there one? or a trial?) to try it out.

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/
RO is usually in top 20, but nighttimes eastern time there are only 200 or so ppl
around 200 servers

there have been a bunch of free trials and guest passes in the past, and i think therell be at least one more when the 3 major mods release, as well as that aztec one and iron europe

Upvote 0

I thoroughly recommend you buy RO, many, many games have come and gone but RO just keeps on going... for me it really has the best paced gameplay of any MP game i've played - you respawn so there's no hanging around like AA, realistic hit mechanics so no random shooting like BF2, slower than frag fests like DOD:S or COD, but faster than games like OFP or ARMA. Right in the sweet spot!:)

At TAW we have practises in Europe and North America Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, so if you wanna find out what its all about join us for one and we'll show you why its so much fun. You can contact me on xfire (add me as mcvittees) if you wanna know more!.

Upvote 0

Give it a try, I use to be a HARDCORE DOD & ... :( DODS player. I started DOD just as 2.0beta came out and i played it then DODS up until about last this last April (07) ...

There are players!!! you have to configure the 'internet' 'filters' to show servers 'with players'/'not full' etc... you will always find people playing this game nowadays even though the gaming community has so many new games to choose from to play...

It has a few bugs that still need worked out like the death notifications.. or lack of... etc but it will satisfy you.

The game play IS different but in a positive way, and if you have negative feelings about it at first, give it a try. You will see you will like it.

Upvote 0
how are the system requirements? the same for day of defeat source? higher,lower?
The graphics card can be a bit worse, the cpu has to be a bit better.

I'd say you need
2 to 2.5 GHz P4 or Athlon 2000+ to 2500+
2GHz is the absolute Minimum!
1Gig of Ram
512MBRam is the absolute Minimum!
Graphics card isn't that important. Only if you want to run very high resolutions. A GeForce3Ti200 with 64MB is enough for everything on "Normal" on 1024*768*32.
If you have something better you should be fine.

Upvote 0

What country you in?

NZ/Auz only gets the Auz players online about 11pm NZ time so all of my mates have given up as they have jobs etc.

Upvote 0
I am in the 5th Ranger Battalion Realism unit for Day of Defeat Source.

I've been playing games for a few years now, mostly FPS and I must say that RO is by far my favorite game.. bar none...

I wish my unit would switch to Red Orchestra. Maybe if Dev switched the game to the UT3 engine we would, but until that day arrives (if ever) we are stuck with DoD:S.

I say go out and get the $20 game, its not much and it will be a great time

their next project is on the UE3 engine mate, just hold out for a year or two and there will be info out on it by then....

Upvote 0