• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grand Theft Auto IV - Mega Thread - Potential SPOILERS

Yes because Rockstar is dumb enough to just port the original Liberty City from GTA3. Of course new things are going to be added because they have the technology now. Besides, I doubt New Yorkers would like to see their beloved city blown to pieces in a video game.
For the last time, my comment was in response to somebody sounding disappointed that "it's back to Liberty City" and what I tried to say is that the looks of the new city look nothing like the old one but very close to the real NY so it's all joice and greatness.

Upvote 0
Well on the first glimpse it looked abit bloomy but yeah its pretty cool and its not as bloomy like some games. Still I dont like bloom it makes everything blurry, but thats the idea, right? :rolleyes:

Anywho rockstar could put the stories to PC so we can play something GTA in the meen time.

I wonder what year will be GTA4 be and how does rockstar explain new buildings like the Liberty statue for example, or will it have completely new storyline?

Upvote 0
Stop complaining about the bloom, it doesn't look like it's overdone and it's actually realistic if it's done right. R* did it right.

At first I thought the main character was Middle Eastern, because the first time I saw the trailer I didn't have sound on so I didn't hear his accent. That would be pretty funny too, though. Imagine the hundreds of offended Muslims!:p

I think the graphics certainly look great, and I'm sure the game will be fun - but the trailer didn't really show why "Things Will Be Different". I wish they would show that. One thing that definitely will make or break the game is how funny the game is though, the ironic and sarcastic humour of the previous titles has to be in. Judging the "Getalife" sign I wouldn't worry too much about that. :D

Upvote 0
I know it is abit late now, but Detroit can make a very good GTA game to :D

Oh and can someone see what the pink poster says

screencap_07.jpg

Upvote 0
Was that guy Russian? If he is the main character, oh my...
Goes great with your sig!

@Cuddles I see nothing wrong with that screenshot.

Amazing how much that link looked like the one posted the page before yours :p

Missed it, so what? :p :p !!

Yes because Rockstar is dumb enough to just port the original Liberty City from GTA3. Of course new things are going to be added because they have the technology now. Besides, I doubt New Yorkers would like to see their beloved city blown to pieces in a video game.

Hows it dumb? I like how things have changed since GTA 3, you can say, that used to be(whatever), youd already know the streets well(excepting any changes). Think it'll probably be like San Andreas, where you can go to other Islands, but get unavoidable stars.
Also(for Werner) http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=229

Upvote 0
Well on the first glimpse it looked abit bloomy but yeah its pretty cool and its not as bloomy like some games. Still I dont like bloom it makes everything blurry, but thats the idea, right? :rolleyes:

Anywho rockstar could put the stories to PC so we can play something GTA in the meen time.

I wonder what year will be GTA4 be and how does rockstar explain new buildings like the Liberty statue for example, or will it have completely new storyline?

To me, good bloom is that where a bright light source or reflection "bleeds" around the source of light. For example, the sky in CoD 2 was like that.

The idea of bloom isn't to make everything blurry, just around an extremely bright light source.

Upvote 0