• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

RnL is going to be great but what they are attempting is a huge undertaking. DH and RnL will of course be hugely different (DH including vehicles and multiple factions other than US airborne for a start). However give how polished and ambitious RnL is im not surprised it is taking a while. However it has also switched engines a few times has it not?

Upvote 0
dhneedsyoutr1.jpg

November Press Release Part 2: Closed Beta Testing Now Open (does that make sense?)

Phew that was a close call (apologies to all you folk to the east of me who are getting this update on December 1st). Firstly the bad news, due to several ill/sick developers over the last two weeks we are unable to bring you the trailer as promised. The trailer will be released separately in early December along with some new content, perhaps showing off a nation that hasn't received much coverage as of yet.

The Images:
On offer visually this update we have six new images. The first of these is the 105mm guns, of Brecourt Assault fame. These pieces were modeled and textured by Nights2006, I'm sure you will all agree he did a fantastic job. To go along with the 105s we also have the Brecourt objectives sheet. This is a small, fast paced infantry map that relies on Allied speed or Axis teamwork to bring victory to either side. The second objectives sheet this update is for Carentan Causeway. This bridge assault map may look linear however the flanking options through the flooded fields really make this a tough fight, the ebb and flow of battle has literally lasted 2 or 3 hours on some tests.

Of course neither of these maps would be complete without the correct units to fight with. Therefore we bring you the Allied forces for these battles the famous US Airborne (in both 101st and 82nd flavour). Modeled by Nights2006 & Tman these characters are nothing short of stunning. I personally can't wait to get my hands on them for texturing.

Lastly, as usual, I've put together some in game action shots to keep your interest. Please feel free to comment on any of the images as per usual (yes even you Kettch). Also just as some open humiliation the very dead German in one of these images is our Lead Tester Ghost...try and run away from my grenades will you? HA!

Something About a BETA?:
Yes you read that correctly, starting right now if you are a member of a clan or gaming community site you can sign up to play Darkest Hour as early as the New Year. In order to test DH on as many servers as possible the team feels it is time we opened the doors and let full clans test our mod.

The Rules:
  1. Only complete clans/ groups may apply (individuals should continue to sign up via the DH forums).
  2. All members should be willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement and abide by the rules stated within said document.
  3. All Clans applying should have at least some grasp of the English Language (sorry this makes our lives a lot easier for now).
  4. Only 3 clans will initially be selected, with further clans being added if this plan works out.
  5. Please be patient awaiting our responses the winning clans will be announced in the late December Press Release.
  6. All clans must be willing to test regularly and submit bug reports.
  7. Once the final clans are chosen each will be spoken to more fully to ensure they understand the rules and regulations of the agreement and also so that we can ensure they gain the maximum enjoyment out of the proceedings.
Please complete & send the form below to be considered

All forms should be emailed to [email protected] . Further questions can be sent to myself via PM on this site, or by contacting me or Ghost at the Darkest Hour forums (www.darkesthourgame.com). Please feel free to post comments or ask questions within this thread I will do my best to answer them all. I'm looking forward to finally sharing Darkest Hour with a great many of you.

Best of Luck & See You On The Field,
Aeneas2020

Upvote 0
Yeah sorry for the delay we are completely reshooting the trailer because last week Fennich and Exocet particularly worked their behinds off and we got a lot of new content into game so there will be an update coming very soon on that front but also it means that we can pack a lot into the trailer we previously couldn't do so expect a media update i guess this week and then the BETA announcement and trailer a few days before Xmas

Upvote 0