• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CoD 4 Visuals - pwn pwn pwn

No, that again is a matter of opinion, i for one do not like CoD4, yes, i can see that alot of work went into it, and that is admireable, i can also see why many people would like the game, but its just not for me, the single player is too scripted and spams infinate enemies at you, and the Multiplayer not as realistic as i feel it should be before i could fully enjoy it, and thats all there is to it, that is my opinion.

Why are you replying to me :confused: I was specifically addressing the guy who admitted to using a pirated version. For me personally COD4 is more than "worth playing" it's the damn game of the year! Absolutelly brilliant product of the highest quality, with richest offering of all FPS games curently on the market (except for Orange Box, if you look at it as a single product which it is not really).

However, that's beside the point. My point was that there is no logic in "I hated product X so that gives me moral right to pirate product Y even though I actually like product Y".

Upvote 0
The AK-74M is still used more than the AK-103, the AK-103 is in limited use.

It does take a while to replace that many guns, yes, even for tiny little Denmark it took us years to replace the H&K G3A3 with the Colt Canada C8, so there's no way Russia can do it overnight, but the 103 is what you will be seeing from now on, and would therefor be the right choice for any shooter who wants to look "present day" even in a couple of years from now.

Though personally i find it a shame, as i liked the 74M better, but what can you do? you gotta keep up with the times..

EDIT:
Oleg said:
Why are you replying to me :confused: I was specifically addressing the guy who admitted to using a pirated version. For me personally COD4 is more than "worth playing" it's the damn game of the year! Absolutelly brilliant product of the highest quality, with richest offering of all FPS games curently on the market (except for Orange Box, if you look at it as a single product which it is not really).

However, that's beside the point. My point was that there is no logic in "I hated product X so that gives me moral right to pirate product Y even though I actually like product Y".

The part that i quoted was not about piracy, we agree on that, CoD4 has a demo so he should have played that if he had any doubts about the game, end of story, no, the part i quoted you basically said "CoD4 is great and that should be plain for all the see", and that i do disagree with, in my opinion, it is run of the mill at best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
COD4 was probably the most polished game of 2007, but nowhere near the highest quality one. In fact I might go with Bioshock for most polished game.

Orange Box was higher quality. By quality I mean gaming goodness. Shear fun factor. Stalker, to me, was a higher quality experience, though less polished. Quake Wars has a much deeper and more satisfying and therefore "higher quality" experience.

I'm already getting annoyed with the unbelievable nade spam in COD4. It's just ridiculous at the beginning of and S&D match.

Upvote 0
I dislike CoD series so i wont ever have bought CoD4, however, a mate had the game bestowed upon him unwillingly, he tried half an hour and uninstalled it in disgust, then passed it on to me to try more then just the demo.

So, because i have nothing left to do, i decided to play the whole thing through.
4 hours, and it's done. 4 hours?! is that a new record for shortest campaign ever? Yeah i could turn the difficulty up, but that isnt making the game longer: it's making the amount of retrys more frequent.

I despised the missions as americans, i was glad it ended when it did.
SAS missions were so-so, some ****ty, some better, but the Tchernobyl mission is pure genius and win.
So there really is a light at the end of a very very long dark tunnel.

Why i disliked most missions was the high corridor-ness of it, insert many many soldiers and they all 'spammed' the **** out of the levels with grenades. I didnt even know singleplayer games could spam something, but jesus christ they did it.
Next to that is the icon i dislike, if you dont hear the thing fall then you deserve to die, honestly.
Never was a big fan of health regeneration either, and i'm still not. It might not be so noticeable in some games, but this game is actually tailored towards it.
Running at a tank in an open field surrounded by enemy infantry, sounds like a deathwish to me but once Rambo flexes his muscles he'll push the bullets out like they dont mean a thing.
No matter what you make of it, in my OPINION they are some of the worst examples of games mainstreaming, simplification if you will.

That's for the dislikes lol.
Chernobyl mission and the ending part where both good, except the cheesy truck chase leading up to it.

Upvote 0
Quiet you, the only good game is RO and everything else is consolified crap, didn't you know?

As for the game, since I got the highest rank in MP I barely play it anymore lol

Apparently that fact slipped past his mind :rolleyes::D

Though, you not playing anymore without the ranking system should say something, right?

Upvote 0
LoL

This feels more like it was made for pc, not the other way around! :D

Especially the multi-player!

Agreed! CoD4 is a "blast" imo. The rumors are they are already working on CoD5, a return to a WWII shooter only in the Pacific Theatre this time! Time will tell if this is just for consoles or like CoD4 will be made more for the pc?

Upvote 0
Is it being developed by Infinity Ward or Treyarch?

COD1 - IW
COD: UO - Treyarch
COD2 - IW
COD3 - Treyarch
COD4 - IW
COD5 - ??

In all honesty i think Treyarch have done a much better job with the series, i preferred COD3 over the previous 2 games even though it was console only, the multiplayer had much more depth. United Offensive appears to be appreciated more than the original too.

Upvote 0
Is it being developed by Infinity Ward or Treyarch?

COD1 - IW
COD: UO - Treyarch
COD2 - IW
COD3 - Treyarch
COD4 - IW
COD5 - Treyarch (console only and will be like cod3, CRAP!!)

In all honesty i think Treyarch have done a much better job with the series, i preferred COD3 over the previous 2 games even though it was console only, the multiplayer had much more depth. United Offensive appears to be appreciated more than the original too.

fixed

Im serioulsy looking forward to an add-on pack for COD4. Hopefully do something like what UO did for COD1 if you get my drift

Upvote 0
MGs that can be carried around and set up. I never use them, but the fact that its possible is cool...

What really bugs me in UO is that almost all the Germans have MP40s and G41s now - a Kar98k is actually a rare find in the singleplayer campaign!:eek: Got on my nerves much more than I thought it could. The campaign is neither better nor worse than the one in CoD1 in my opinion - maybe slightly worse, but that could be nostalgia talking - but that is one flaw that really sticks out because I actually liked the Kar98 quite a lot.:D

The vehicles are much worse than those in Battlefield 1942, so I'm not sure whether they are a good addition to the game. I've never played it online so far, so maybe they are fun to use, but from a few testmatches I somehow doubt it.

Upvote 0
I bought the COD pack on Steam, played through COD1, then COD2, skipped UO. Out of COD1, 2, and 3 I actually think the SP experience in COD1 was by far the best.

That I think, is freaking weird. I've recently got Deus Ex off of Steam, and while I can see why it has such a cult following, and that at the time it must have been awesome (when DX was released I was in college not playing games but doing other things) the graphics are just too dated for me to get into it. COD1 has similarly dated graphics, but somehow I managed to play through the whole thing and enjoy it immensely. I just loved the one life per level with no healthpacks at all. Some level of realism, in that you're this crazy action hero who at the same time vulnerable. With the quicksave/load mechanic accounting for the fact you can power through 100 enemies without a scratch. I don't think I've seen that anywhere else.

Upvote 0