• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A farewell from 2MANNY's community

Just thought I'd drop a notice about the pending closure of 2MANNY's RO server.

During it's heyday it was one of the most popular RO servers. It was THE place to play and many clambered for admin privileges on the server. It was packed to overflowing almost every evening .

Probably quit a few of you took your first baby steps in Red Orchestra:Ostfront at 2MANNY's as well.

Now its sitting virtually empty most of the time.

The decision to wind it down was not an easy one as many of us have fond memories associated with 2MANNY's but it's a basic matter of economics.

So , to all of you who populated the server and made it what it was , many thanks from the crew at 2MANNYs.

A sad farewell but GG's non the less.

NOTICE: One of the members very recently graciously donated enough to keep it up for another month so if you get a chance,drop on by...you never know..

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that about the 2MANNYs server :(. The [DBDUK] clan had to make the same decision for exactly the same reasons as yourselfs, from being one of the most popular MOD servers to being empty most of the time in retail we had no choice. I hope you find another game to host your server and keep your clan going best of luck Pile [DBDUK].

Upvote 0
Yeah, 2MANNY's was a favorite of mine. It's tough to keep an RO server running these days if (a) you aren't a 50 player server, (b) you aren't a 24/7 [Map] server, and/or (c) you don't already have a lot of people playing consistently.

Servers in this game have always seemed to survive by inertia. Get enough people playing and more people will keep flocking to the server. But if something (IE: a patch) shuffles folks around, for no apparent reason, you can suddenly find the rug pulled out from under you. And nobody wants to seed a server.

So, condolences, guys. I know how it goes and how it sucks when you can't seem to get your server to stay populated. I think the community just isn't big enough for all the servers we have.

Upvote 0
Yeah, 2MANNY's was a favorite of mine. It's tough to keep an RO server running these days if (a) you aren't a 50 player server, (b) you aren't a 24/7 [Map] server, and/or (c) you don't already have a lot of people playing consistently.

You can say that again Solo4114. Sadly, today many of the 50 player servers sit idle, and I have noticed the 24/7 map servers are diminishing in players as well. Sorry also to see 2Manny's servers go, they did a good job!

Upvote 0
We at 2Manny's are going to miss all the amazing gameplay, well, not going to miss...DO miss all the amazing gameplay, teamwork and fun each night.
It seems that the heyday for Red Orchestra has sort of waned. (My own personal opinion, I think the game lost a lot of it's dedicated player base when the last big update came out. That is when our numbers really dropped off anyway. I attribute it to the addition of too many weapons/smg's/semi auto guns. That took a big element of the realism out of the game. The narrow niche crowd who played went away. At the same time, it wasn't enough of a change to please the run'n'gun Call of Duty/Counterstrike fans and they came but didn't stay. Tried to please too many to the satisfaction of none.)

Perhaps the next version of Red Orchestra, or whichever project Tripwire is working on will revive a different 2Manny server. In the meantime, if you were a regular on 2Manny's, come back to our website, lets keep the community active, with idle chat, game converstaions, whatever, until the next game comes along.

It was good times! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Honestly, there isn't much that can stop folks from moving on to other games. RO is a good game, but I think its time is done, at least in this version of it. The upcoming mods may generate some interest, but we'll see.

You can point the finger at any number of things, but I think the single biggest issue is just competition from other games. Within the span of a couple months you had ETQW (which really didn't go anywhere), TF2, COD4, Crysis, and I think a few others coming out.

Even a single week of low or no activity on a server has ALWAYS been enough to basically keep it empty in this game, even during the game's heyday. I speak from personal experience.

As far as the changes that were made to the game, well, you can debate them, and probably a good number of people did leave because of them, while others did come in, but really you're also fighting competition and just the game feeling "played out" after a while. This leads to a sort of downward spiral where you've got 24/7 servers and a few big 50s who constantly have people on them, which leads to further stagnation of the game and people burning out that much faster because (a) you're playing the same map over and over, (b) you're playing the same rotation over and over, and/or (c) you get sick of this or that map and now have no CHOICE but to play it.

By contrast, on, say, TF2, if you really don't want to play TC_Hydro, he can just fire up the 50-brazillion other servers out there and hop over to whatever map he wants. It's just how things go with FPS gaming.

Upvote 0
I agree with Solo's analysis of it. though I would add that I think that the arrival of the 50-player servers actually hurt that game, strange as that may sound. they came too late, and drove many servers/team out of business.

was a fun game, and it had a good run.

Actually, I only started playing again because of the 50 player servers and I remember a lot of old timers who reinstalled to play those maps.
Sadly, I haven't been playing much RO since I bought the Orange Box, but I check every now and then if I'm bored.

Sad to say but RO has spoiled me and most other games iritate me because they aren't as realistic and too gamey (I couldn't play much of TF2 because I kept trying to use cover which was pointless... gasp...)

Oh well. I think RO will come back when TWI puts more effort into a new patch or a new release.

Upvote 0