• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour November Update Pt 1

Release Date is: "When it's done"...we aren't going to release anything thats less than top quality. We state that all the time and now is no different. A lot of people expect this mod to be up to the quality of retail RO...I can't promise that or put that much pressure on the guys shoulders however we won't release anything that isn't the best we can possibly make it.

An Unconnected Rant: :D
Ah also while i'm here...there are a lot of crazy rumours about the kind of things DH will be implementing in RO (many of which seem to center around the fact I am apprently the master of secrets). So for the record we aren't implementing any magical new tank features (like a working fuel system, armour penetration that allows you to blow off a tankers ear from 10km away etc). On top of this we won't be "fixing" what many people see are problems with RO. RO is a great game and if people don't like the way a certain weapon shoots thats fine, but its not the DH Team's place to "fix" stuff in RO. So yes our weapons may fire differently and our tank code may be slightly different but please try and remember we are part timers, certain pms and posts on the DH forums as of late have suggested that the public feels it is our duty to add "X" feature in. We'll work as hard as we can to get everything in however I really don't want to dissapoint you guys if a feature your mate told you was going in doesn't appear. If you have any questions about exactly what is going to appear in DH feel free to pm me etc.

Upvote 0
UE2.5, like all other Unreal Engines too, offer a programming interface, UScript (UScripts functionality varies with the engine version)
Check the unrealwiki for more info.
Unless you are a licensee of the engine you wont have access to actual native code.

btw. mod comes from modification and is no acronym of some sort. Not targeting you specifically ;)

Edit: minor changes to the engine? Either we define "engine" differently, or you are on better terms with Ramm than we are.

Upvote 0
An Unconnected Rant: :D
Ah also while i'm here...there are a lot of crazy rumours about the kind of things DH will be implementing in RO (many of which seem to center around the fact I am apprently the master of secrets). So for the record we aren't implementing any magical new tank features (like a working fuel system, armour penetration that allows you to blow off a tankers ear from 10km away etc). On top of this we won't be "fixing" what many people see are problems with RO. RO is a great game and if people don't like the way a certain weapon shoots thats fine, but its not the DH Team's place to "fix" stuff in RO. So yes our weapons may fire differently and our tank code may be slightly different but please try and remember we are part timers, certain pms and posts on the DH forums as of late have suggested that the public feels it is our duty to add "X" feature in. We'll work as hard as we can to get everything in however I really don't want to dissapoint you guys if a feature your mate told you was going in doesn't appear. If you have any questions about exactly what is going to appear in DH feel free to pm me etc.

I dont care, this mod is gonna kick ***!!!! :D

Upvote 0