• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fallout Series

It sure be called best rpg ever.
Only bethe$da makes best rpg's these days, right?

One of the things I don't like so far is how they're kind of forcing the story on you. In the first two games, your character's background and nature are kind of kept vauge and can be supplied by your own imagination. You can be an innocent but brave teenager going out to face the harsh wastes, or some grizzled old bastard who's mean and dirty. And the story is open enough for you to fit into any role in between.

This one they're forcing you into a clear age bracket, looking for your father, etc. To me, that hampers a good deal of the open-ended feeling that Fallout, or some of the other CRPGs like Arcanum and whatnot had.

I'm also wary of how they're making supermutants generic monsters that you don't interact with. For one, supermutants should be rare because they're all dying off slowly. And two, Fallout 2 made it pretty clear that they were just simple-minded killing machines. They were just simple-minded :p

Upvote 0
pah, Fallout three will be a huge letdown, just like Oblivion. Gladly, I still have both Fallout 1+2 so I can play them while lamenting on how consilydumbified the series was by bethesda...
I miss those times when Fallout was good and bethesda made decent games like Daggerfall and Terminator: Future Shock...
Fallout 3 will only be an improvement to the series if you forget bthat Fallout one and two and even fallout tactics were ever made and just comopare it to the abominable Brotherhood of Steel on the PS2.

I won't even start in how the setting alone is just not suitable if you know a little of the fallout lore. All the predecessors played in the desert because the big cities were all huge a-bomb blast crates where nothing could live.
And I guess Washington as the Capital of the US would have been shelled quite hard, so a only slightly decayed version of Washington DC just doesn't fit.

And I take geek as a compliment. Thank you.

Upvote 0
pah, Fallout three will be a huge letdown, just like Oblivion. Gladly, I still have both Fallout 1+2 so I can play them while lamenting on how consilydumbified the series was by bethesda...
I miss those times when Fallout was good and bethesda made decent games like Daggerfall and Terminator: Future Shock...
Fallout 3 will only be an improvement to the series if you forget bthat Fallout one and two and even fallout tactics were ever made and just comopare it to the abominable Brotherhood of Steel on the PS2.

I won't even start in how the setting alone is just not suitable if you know a little of the fallout lore. All the predecessors played in the desert because the big cities were all huge a-bomb blast crates where nothing could live.
And I guess Washington as the Capital of the US would have been shelled quite hard, so a only slightly decayed version of Washington DC just doesn't fit.

And I take geek as a compliment. Thank you.

No problem mate :D

But in my opinion, people shouldn't bash a game when it's not even released. After release you can bash it if is crappy. That's my main gripe about diehard Fallout fans. They are so pessimistic.

Upvote 0
Real men play Wasteland. :]

That said.. I know the popular opinion on NMA is Bethesda sucks and can never do it right..

I'm of the 'let them make the damn game first, and I'll judge how I feel about it after I play it'.

Aside from that, I like the NMA community very much and I loved the Fallout franchise to-date, and pretty much anything that level of Post-Apoc.

Upvote 0