• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mass effect

My brother bought this the other day, and I managed to play a good couple of hours when I was round his place.

To be honest I hadn't paid this game any attention at all, so I didn't really know what to expect. I was pretty much blown away, everything is just so well-done. I only did the first mission and spent a good while doing side-missions and exploring the citadel, and they really did a great job at creating a believable world with a ton of backstory to delve into. The graphics, soundtrack, voice acting, characters, conversations etc. are all top-notch.

I've been meaning to pick up a 360 for a good while now, and this game is the perfect excuse for me to finally get one.

Upvote 0
Nah its the pro (20gb hd) so well worth grabbing before the deal runs out. Not seen it in the bigger stores but they definately do it in smaller ones (wasn't in Leeds but was in Bradford).

If you decide to go for it but can't find a place that does it give us a shout and I'll pop down to the branch near my uni and see if they can mail it or summat.

You got Viva Pinata and Forza Motorsport 2 and then a choice of 3 from:
Prey
Saints Row
Top Spin 2
Tomb Raider (that remake one)
Need for Speed (summat, Carbon i think).

Only thing you'll need to grab is some recharable batteries and a charger, although the controllers come with packs of disposables. Altogether I spent about

Upvote 0
I have it and I love it. I really don't know what to say. The developers did a great job of creating an excellent story and huge environment. There are a few downsides, but the game does everything else so wonderfully that they can be forgiven:

- Vehicle controls are absolutely horrible, though they become usable after you get used to them
- Auto-save system could be better.

Relatively minor issues that are annoying but can easily be coped with and don't really detract from the game. If you like to get a lot of time out of your games, good sci-fi stories, open-ended gameplay, and lots of places to go explore, you should buy a 360 just to play Mass Effect.

Upvote 0