• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

semi auto AT rifle

On the idea of the Panzershreck and it's 2-man team.

Perhaps, to both balance the weapon somewhat and represent the cumbersome nature of the weapon, have it be a one shot affair that requires another teammate to "reload" it a-la the ammo resupply of machine gunners.

That is, you spawn, your 'shreck is loaded. You fire, now you need another trooper to allow you to reload the next rocket?

Upvote 0
Or, perhaps have the soldier forgo anyother weapons (save a pistol). And, only be able to carry 2-3 rockets with him. Of course, game ballance is still an issue as only the heaviest russian tanks could survive a shot from one.

As for production, the ultimate disscrepancy is the StG 44. Nearly every soldier that has the opportunity to choose that as his weapon does (for good reason, it is awesome) but only a handfull were ever produced, certaily less that the SVT-40 and if I had to guess, less than the semi-auto AT rifle (Admittedly, I have no idea of the actuall numbers for each off the top of my head, but I do know that the 44 was a very rare weapon indeed, especially since if it had been avaliable in number, my guess is I would be typing this in German).

Upvote 0
metternich said:
but only a handfull were ever produced

Not really a handful 425,977 where produced by Russian or American production standards thats pretty small ammount but for Germany its not bad considering Germany's army size and strength. The STG-44 is not a rareity nor is it the common gun of the third Reich it was around in WW2 enough that it was seen and felt by the allied forces on all fronts. Im glad its in RO but for "realism" it probably should be a bit more limited espeically at first when only the elite units were given the MP-43/44/STG-44 by the later war the STG44 should be lot more common a few peppered around the battlefield but nowhere near the ammount of Mp-40's available per loadout unless the peticular division of Germans that is being depicted had more of them.

For example there was a thread where someone found information that stated something like 80% of Germans fighting from a peticular divison had the Stg-44 before on another thread.

metternich said:
certaily less that the SVT-40 and if I had to guess, less than the semi-auto AT rifle ...

The trouble with the SVT-38/40 was that Production was sproadic for most of the first part of the war so that it was unevenly distrubuted throughout the war (after 1941) also remember many of them were also captured by the Germans and thier Allies. The reasons for the production halts were were reports after reports of its problems by Russian soliders* due to this and the need to arm more soliders quickly production of the Svt-40 was replaced with the Mosin-nagant production of the Svt-40 was continued later and again was halted for most of the war the Russian Rifle men's main weapon was the Moison-nagant which is a very fine rifle btw. The Sniper variant was a rareity that only became even more rare after October of 1941.

*Although there were some Elite Russian units that handled the Svt-38/40 pretty well. Which makes alot of sence since generally the German soliders were very well trained and used the captured "Selbstladegewehr 259(r)" pretty effectively as well I guess the Gewehr-41 gave them alot of practise-lol.

What this means is that there should be alot more maps with no semi-auto choice for the Russians and well the Ge-41 was not the most comon thing in the world most of its production happened in 1944 anyway. So really there should be more bolts for everybody in the East until later in the war.

Sorry if I rambled on and on I do that when Im tired.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
one shot on a panther?

one shot on a panther?

I realize I've only been playing for two years and not that much with the ptrd, but I shot a panther that was on fire four times in the tail at 200yds before it blew. My point is that the sights are poor for med to long range, it reloads slow, and really isn't that effective on moving tanks at range. Unless I'm missing something, if so please let us know this magical sweet spot.

Thanks for the time.

Upvote 0
I realize I've only been playing for two years and not that much with the ptrd, but I shot a panther that was on fire four times in the tail at 200yds before it blew. My point is that the sights are poor for med to long range, it reloads slow, and really isn't that effective on moving tanks at range. Unless I'm missing something, if so please let us know this magical sweet spot.

Thanks for the time.
PTRD/PTRS was only truly effective against earlier tanks anyway, and then not frontally most of the time, so realistically it shouldn't be greatly effective against most later or even mid-war German tanks. That's why I'm looking forward to Carpathian Crosses which will allow you to disable tank tracks/turrets/sights with the PTRD, but not necessarily destroy them outright.

I'm guessing AB mod also made the PTRD a more realistic AT weapon? I never played it myself.

Upvote 0
I realize I've only been playing for two years and not that much with the ptrd, but I shot a panther that was on fire four times in the tail at 200yds before it blew. . Unless I'm missing something, if so please let us know this magical sweet spot.
You just need to aim for the small circular plate near the bottom of the rear plate.
One shot there and boom.

Upvote 0