• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

24/7 Danzig hurting the NA RO community?

Ok I admit I didnt read this entire thread but I love Danzig for a few reasons. One of the major reasons is it's a good map that plays over and over and i dont have to wait after every game, or play through maps that i hate.

Instead of getting rid of Danzig dedicated servers, there should be more single maps dedicated to a single server.

Or servers that have a few similar maps that play over and over.

You wont free up more players getting rid of Danzig dedicated servers. All you'll do is run off us Danzig players.

Upvote 0
Telling server admins what to run on their own machines/clans/equipment when you don't pay or donate to support these, well, you may as well piss in the wind.

Sorry, but I have to take issue with this one point. Merely because you do not contribute money to pay for a server does not mean you have no business expressing your opinion on how it's run.

It may not ACCOMPLISH much to do so, but you still should feel free to point out issues as you see 'em. When WOLF was running an RO server, and for all the other games we run servers for, we take into account community feedback. Obviously we pay more attention to folks who are more tied in with the community, but I'd never have dismissed someone out of hand simply because they don't pay for the server.

Anyway, like I said, the TWB guys can take my comments or leave 'em. I'll play there if I see a good map on that I'm in the mood for, and I'll leave when a bad map comes on. If that means I'm gone more than I'm there, so be it. I don't expect them to notice or care, really. If it happens in larger numbers maybe they'll care, but there's no guarantee that's what'll happen, especially since, as has been pointed out, we're seeing a gradual whittling down of servers with only a few "megaservers" still surviving.

Upvote 0
I figure one map is fine, as long as you aren't playing RO like some addict. I mean really, just look at CSS and their 24/7 Office servers, they are super popular, and people who don't like that can just go somewhere else. People will play what they want to play. If you don't like a map, leave, and go somewhere else. Just because you don't like obviously doesn't mean everyone doesn't like it.

Upvote 0
I like infantry city fighting

I like infantry city fighting

I dont know how one can say single map servers is bad for the community. Danzig is a great map, but I've played other city fighting maps I'd love to see on a dedicated server. But I'm not sitting through 5 maps I dont like to play them. I just go to the most populated Danzig server.

I think there should be more servers with one or two maps. Voting and waiting sucks, I spend too much time playing the game in the first place. I don't need to sit and wait, only to have a map I dont like come up then I have to go to another server wasting more time.

The lesson of Danzig should be single maps dedicated to one server attracts more players not that it takes away.

Upvote 0
If I had a choice between Danzig 24/7 or play some other game, I'd play CS or something, and I reckon thats whats happening now (maybe not CS though :D). There needs to be a server where everyone in NA goes to that isn't Danzig 24/7 or the number of players will drop off even more. Make use of steam - have a NA community so you know when like-minded people are online so you can play together. You could have a Steam group or just get people to list steam names and add them. I reckon theres a lot of people that refuse to play just because theres nowhere to have a decent game. If theres enough you could choose any server you wanted and get it filled.

Upvote 0
You can always have a good game at the 50pc. server, but it seems like nobody plays on our server until 9pm eastern,then it slowly fills up until it is full (we have a 40 person server in Chicago)it stays populated until 4-5 am eastern,most of the time.

we do not care(like some clans that I won't mention here) who you are ,all are welcome and we don't have a bunch of Stupid rules.

On the 50pc. server,you can....recruit,Cuss ,cry,make fun of whoever ,Because we aren't like a certain other group that accuses you of recruiting and bans half the clan for it ,from their servers.

The only things that will get you banned from our server are Tking,being a complete Dumb*** or actually telling one of us **** you and sounding serious!

We have much more fun now, playing and razing/heckling each other, than we ever did on that other clans group of servers where we got banned for talking.

warning,our server is for MATURE adults,we use bad language.

also,Wednesday night is 'Tank Night"

Upvote 0
I feel Butch and his crew do an excellent job with their Wild Bunch servers. Very well admined, and always populated. Much the same with the FK's servers, hard for me to find fault with any of these populated servers....

Oh yes, although i'm not a WB member and don't contribute finacially i've been a regular attender and vocal supporter of their servers for a fair while, back when they were 'just' another server.
But my opinion, for what it's worth, is this.

50+ player support has in some ways done the game no favours IMO - and I hate to say that because it was a fantastic achievment and obviously done with the game and community's best interests at heart.
But if the dwindling numbers of players are deciding to cram into less servers, you are actually cutting down choice. If there were fewer or even no servers allowing more than the standard 32 the overspill would be populating some of the ones that are suffering empty now.

Regards TWB specifically, exculding the server set up for NA, I would like to see them run just one 50 player server with a rotation of maps that truely benefit from the increased participations.
I'm talking konigs, rako, bere watev bdj and the like.
But staying with the 50's though (which I fully expect they will), i would like to see the map rotations different on each , as ive said before, split along the lines of inf/small scale CA on one and more vehicle orientated on the other.

Thay can do what they want, and it's still my favourite server, but thats what i would like to see.

Regards 24/7 danzig, if theres this massive demand to play just this map what can you do? These players are sorely needed on servers running a nice varied map selection, but who's to say they'd join them if they were denied their 24/7?
I dunno , I can't begin to understand these danzig people tbh, way i see it it's like buying a mobile phone just to use as a calculator.

EDit - i hasten to add that thou I have posted my misgivings about the introduction of larger capacity servers, which may or may not be founded, it is done with the benefit of hindsight and is not a critisism of TWB, with which their introduction will always be associated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just checked the servers, and I see that most of the 24/7's are 50 player servers (even with Clans/Communities who own multiple servers).

Why do they host Danzig on a fifty player server ( :rolleyes:) and their combined arms maps on a 32 or less? CA maps scale much better with additional people, maps like Danzig degenerate into a nade-timing, hip shooting, rambo fragfest.

To me, thats the lowest common denominator of gaming. I don't play RO for that.

Upvote 0