• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CoD 4 Visuals - pwn pwn pwn

Go behind the bumper cars and use your sniper rifle to take out soldiers coming out of the choppers. Make sure your secondary is at least a g3 to take care of the dogs and soldiers who make it closer to you.

I ended up using the claymores, but I completely forgot about the c4. Still made it through, took me at least 5-6 tries on veteran though. Same thing happened with the mission right after, where you have to get from a barn through enemy forces to the helicopter. I didn't realize I had airstrikes available. I ended up cutting my way through with the Soviet lmg.

And as much as I rag on the sp campaign and the graphics, I finally got to play mp last night after disabling steam community (was giving me punkbuster errors). Wow. Just wow. Material penetration gives a whole new dimension to mp combat. And the tight maps really do negate the lack of ballistics. The damage and movement seems ripped right out of red orchestra. Like the COD4 devs played RO and took notes. The recoil seems adjusted to realistic levels as well in the MP game.

If it wasn't for the really tight maps, this could be an RO replacement. COD4 multiplayer it a great complement to the wide open cartoony tactical combat of Quake Wars as they are opposite in almost every regard.

Is it me or are the MP maps even more detailed than in the SP campaign?

Upvote 0
I just finished call of duty 4.

**** that game.

Stupid game play.
Awful storyline
Repetitive to hell with the exception of gimmick missions.

And to hell with infinitely respawning enemies.
If charging into a building and running into every enemy spawn area is the only way to defeat the enemy then your game sucks. And why does everyone have a fu.cking RPG? Is that the standard infantry weapon? Thankfully non of them can hit sh.it with it.

Infinity ward and 10/10 can kiss my a.ss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I just finished call of duty 4.

Fu.ck that game.

Stupid game play.
Awful storyline
Repetitive to hell with the exception of gimmick missions.

And to hell with infinitely respawning enemies.
If charging into a building and running into every enemy spawn area is the only way to defeat the enemy then your game sucks. And why does everyone have a fu.cking RPG? Is that the standard infantry weapon? Thankfully non of them can hit sh.it with it.

Infinity ward and 10/10 can kiss my a.ss.

Hahaha

HA!! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
the escape mission really suxed balls
when i was waiting for the chopper i just hid in that small cabin right infront of
the great wheel

had to kill 2 enemies and throw a nade outa there every 2 seconds but i managed it :)

played it on harcore and needed around 7 tries before i just hid in there and stopped even thinking about trying to kill some ppl ^^

Upvote 0
I tried hiding in that cabin but they magically know where you are, no matter where you hide and throw fifty million grenades at you.

I actually thought the SP campaign was ok from the point where you take out the electrical tower. The part where you have to get to the control room to upload the missle abort codes was pretty intense.

On the other hand the story makes no sense at all. I mean why would the Russian government let some random "ultranationalists" take over a missle silo? And why couldn't they abort the missiles remotely from a redundant console? And why were the ultranationalists killing a bunch of villagers at one point? And why did the nuke go off in that random middle eastern city? And why did they keep the middle eastern leader guy alive in that room? And why didn't they just bunker bust the f* ck out of that silo?

Upvote 0
On the other hand the story makes no sense at all. I mean why would the Russian government let some random "ultranationalists" take over a missle silo? And why couldn't they abort the missiles remotely from a redundant console? And why were the ultranationalists killing a bunch of villagers at one point? And why did the nuke go off in that random middle eastern city? And why did they keep the middle eastern leader guy alive in that room? And why didn't they just bunker bust the f* ck out of that silo?

Probably because it is a fictional story and not a scientific prediction of a "what if" scenario...

Upvote 0
Well I just finished the game, and the plot did seem like (somebody mentioned it before) it was written by Carl Rove/Paul Wolfivetz (spelling!) and their buddies.

And those quotes that you get after you die. Some (or almost all IMHO) of those people quoted are either war criminals/criminals or just despicable human beings that you should never quote. (unless it's in a joke/criminal investigation).

I was actually gonna shell out 50 bucks on the game (not really) but the abundance of cracked multiplayer servers changed that.

Other than the mediocre plot, the game and graphics does pwn mad nubs. That sniping mission in Chernobyl did make me cum in my pants.

And does anybody know on what level do you unlock the barret 50?

Damn, that Chuck Norris is everywhere!
Yeah I played it on normal and felt like Chuck Norris sometimes - hipshooting my aks74u and killing people 50 meters away. Goodtimes hehe

Edit:some screenshots i took:

Poster for the AKM, so why the AK47s in game?!

akmshot0007.jpg

That old dude is a tough mother****er, a 50 cal blew his arm away AND he RUNS away like nothing happened.
bsshot0004.jpg

And one last one - I never would have thought killing dogs in a video game would be so fun/disturbing.
doggiesshot0002.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yup
ill never buy anything from IW ever again...
thats what i said to myself after buying cod2 -.-

Honestly that's just uber stupid. Do you even realise what you wrote?

I understand people get so bitter about some company making sh1t games they decide never to bother again. OK I get it. I mean COD2 was fine, but if it wasn't fine to you then whatever. But here in COD4 you have a game that is obviously worth playing => thus good....

...and you still think you have the right to steal their games and brag about it on a gaming forum??

If you think COD4 is good enough to play, after bad game like COD2 (bad for you not me) then you should be a man enough to say "OK they improved their work" and buy it!

Upvote 0
Gotta say im dissapointed with cod4.

The campaign was far too short- i mean 5-6 hours what the ****.

Where is the AK-74M? the russian army ingame should be using this rifle.

The enemys keep respawning, and there is not enough variety in the game, Why not let us play as the russian army or the OP-FOR forces?

The multiplayer gets boring and hardcore isnt even that realistic.

Ive seen mods come out with alot better content than companys are at the moment, red orchestra is really the only quality product i have played in a while.

Upvote 0
You can say an awful lot about CoD4, but what you can't say is that it isn't a quality product. It looks awesome and the feel of the weapons is great too if you are into arcadey frag-fests - and a lot of people are.

If you thought you are buying a realistic game then I can see how you are dissapointed with it, but its your own fault then. CoD was never realistic and will never be realistic. CoD has what I call feel-good-realism. Everyone knows that, so pleeeaaase: Think before you buy, or, if that's too much to ask, at least play a demo before you buy.

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
But here in COD4 you have a game that is obviously worth playing => thus good....

No, that again is a matter of opinion, i for one do not like CoD4, yes, i can see that alot of work went into it, and that is admireable, i can also see why many people would like the game, but its just not for me, the single player is too scripted and spams infinate enemies at you, and the Multiplayer not as realistic as i feel it should be before i could fully enjoy it, and thats all there is to it, that is my opinion.

Arto1990 said:
Where is the AK-74M? the russian army ingame should be using this rifle.

Actually, no, the Russian army is replacing the AK-74M with the AK-103 as we type and read this, and have been doing so for a while now, you still see 74M's in service, but the 103 is now the standard weapon of the Russian armed forces.

Upvote 0
No, that again is a matter of opinion, i for one do not like CoD4, yes, i can see that alot of work went into it, and that is admireable, i can also see why many people would like the game, but its just not for me, the single player is too scripted and spams infinate enemies at you, and the Multiplayer not as realistic as i feel it should be before i could fully enjoy it, and thats all there is to it, that is my opinion.

Actually, no, the Russian army is replacing the AK-74M with the AK-103 as we type and read this, and have been doing so for a while now, you still see 74M's in service, but the 103 is now the standard weapon of the Russian armed forces.

The AK-74M is still used more than the AK-103, the AK-103 is in limited use.

Upvote 0