• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Saitek launches the Cyborg 5.1 and keyboard

Seconded, G15 rox as the middle flip-up LCD to be very useful in checking for other stuff while gaming. I accidentally poured water over the macro keys a month or two after I bought it and it hasn't worked the same ever since despite having dried it completely out.

With 5.1 headphones, the ones with USB inputs have their own sound decoder. I have a of Zalman 5.1 surround headphones which I rarely use because it gets hot around my ears and have to satisfy late night gaming runs with standard 2-channel + mic.

Upvote 0
The Saitek 5.1 Headsets
( Medusa? ) are great for the sound. The USB version can be tricky.( comes with crappy software...) I liked the version that is connected with your soundcard better. ( You can buy seperate headphones for the unit or a pack with 2 Headphones, and the cord is longer...)

Other than that i "broke" mine. I handeled it carefully but they seem to have a "predetermined breaking point". ( or however you say that in english ). Booth of them i had only lasted for around a year. They booth broke at the same place. You can get some at ebay for cheap. ( around 20ish euros ). Istill dont know if it might be worth to buy a more costly 5.1 set or another Saitek.

If you have very big ears ( and i mean VERY ), you might get some problems.

But thats the older ones...the cyborg comes at around 65 euros here...mhhh might get me some now i need new ones anyways...

Anyways...i really cant play with stereos anymore...:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got a G15 keyboard as a prize in the mapping contest awhile back and I think it's an over priced piece of junk. The only things I like about it are the volume wheel and the keys lighting up.

The keys are too close together, they don't click wheel and the macro keys are useless.

Of course I was spoiled because before that I had one of those classic IBM clunker keyboards. Those things were fantastic. They don't make fine keyboards like that any more.

Upvote 0
at all costs stay away from USB headsets. They all have their own micro soundcard built in, which can and will cause following troubles:
Compatibility issues with existing hardware, including but not limited to onboard soundcards.
Very bad performance, usually worse than onboard soundcards.
Very bad sound quality, usually worse than onboard soundcards.

Upvote 0
cyborg_keyboard.jpg

I HAVE COME FOR YOUR WOMEN.

Upvote 0
at all costs stay away from USB headsets. They all have their own micro soundcard built in, which can and will cause following troubles:
Compatibility issues with existing hardware, including but not limited to onboard soundcards.
Very bad performance, usually worse than onboard soundcards.
Very bad sound quality, usually worse than onboard soundcards.

Main problem with usb headsets their incompatability with VOIP in games, including RO.
However, I use mine for Vent and even msn comms for which it works well as it is discrete from the game audio.
I also have the standard mini plugin type, bought primarily for the 3d audio in vietcong.
it will be used in Ro too, if a vehicle channel gets developed.

Upvote 0
Not true. Mine works very well in RO voip. The Quality is the same as the non-usb version booth in sound/music/effects. There is no diffrence. I had booth versions. The USB is only a pain because the delivered software is crap as hell. If you manage to pull it off it works fine. I had to disable my soundcard in the process...not cool but not the hardes task imo.

*EDIT*

damm....i blame the good german beer here..i was refering to the "Speed Link Medusa 5.1 Headset..."

Upvote 0
cyborg_keyboard.jpg

I HAVE TRAVELED FROM AN INCREDIBLLY DISTANT STAR TO OBSERVE THE WAYS OF YOUR PLANET. YOU HAVE THE HONOR OF REPRESENTING YOUR ENTIRE RACE AS MY SAMPLE SUBJECT. WHISPERING IS FUTILE! THE GRAND GALACTIC INQUISITOR HEARS ALL! SEES ALL!

DO NOT SPEAK TO ME! DO NOT ALTER YOUR NORMAL HUMAN BEHAVIOR IN ANY WAY. YOU KNOW NOT THE ELABORITE CRITERIA BY WHICH YOU ARE TO BE JUDGED. IGNORE MY PRESENCE AND GO ABOUT YOUR EARTHLY BUSINESS.

IGNORE ME!!

Upvote 0
Nah, there's been good keyboards without screens, the real reason it fails, apart from its blow hard "look im from outser space!" apperance, is that it does not not deliver anything we haven't seen before, just done better and delivered with more style..

Its just a KB with some macro keys in an awkward position and as many LED's crammed on there as possible for no apparent reason so it can look "cool".

Upvote 0
I have just discovered that the macro buttons on my G15 don't work at all, since I never use them for anything I didn't notice until today. And My LCD hinge has cracked somehow. I don't know but the screen has fallen off, What a piece of ****.

Edit: ha! now the macro keys are working again but right shift + / doesn't work. They just don't work when pressed at the same time, typing ? is now very awkward.

And my warranty is non-existent because these were the mapping prizes. I never thought highly of logitech but I enjoyed the mouse besides the constant battery changing, but this keyboard has been a nightmare from day one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Main problem with usb headsets their incompatability with VOIP in games, including RO.
However, I use mine for Vent and even msn comms for which it works well as it is discrete from the game audio.
I also have the standard mini plugin type, bought primarily for the 3d audio in vietcong.
it will be used in Ro too, if a vehicle channel gets developed.

I use a plantronics dsp 500 here for more than a year and I have never had any problem ... so far ;-)

Upvote 0