• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Slight .jpeg compression on some of these.

A hot day in the Bone County desert, freedom, and a muscle car. All we need now is a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc-7FXzbeA0 or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njsKBNmakw0&feature=related song to go with it.

sa1gj8.jpg

"Carl, chill the **** out man... you're killing my vibe..."
sa2um8.jpg

sa3vp1.jpg

:D
9ad7fbe3f5.jpg

"We gotta torch those fields. I only hope Gaia can forgive us!"
2dec8d39d1.jpg

Upvote 0
It took me and 2 friends from 11:00 last night to 2:00 this morning to finish that last part on regular on their Xbox. The part where you had to lie down and let the guys walk past y'all and the tanks go past without detecting you had us all about pissing in our pants. I'll have to get this game for PC, its fun, maybe not the most realistic, but fun nonetheless.

Upvote 0
It took me and 2 friends from 11:00 last night to 2:00 this morning to finish that last part on regular on their Xbox. The part where you had to lie down and let the guys walk past y'all and the tanks go past without detecting you had us all about pissing in our pants. I'll have to get this game for PC, its fun, maybe not the most realistic, but fun nonetheless.

Thats why you need a pc! :eek:

Upvote 0
I finally manged to get OFP to run like it should run! If you also had problems with jerky mouse movement although your framerate was above 30 this might interest you!
I posted it in the OFP thread. Read it here:
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?p=361937#post361937

Here is a shot from the first-person perspective where you can see my brave fellow comrade waiting for the attack:
whatgameami2ne0.jpg

Almost wallpaper material:
whatgameamiph4.jpg

Upvote 0
What mod are you running there Murphy?
The first screen reminded me a bit of FFUR, wich is pretty much known for giving bad framerates or high ping etc.
2.5 made it better though.
Currently im in love with the FFUR 2.5 mod, unfortunately none of the campaign missions will finish when i run it... For example, the ambush mission from the original campaign (where your lieutenant goes out to inspect your basecamp), is supposed to end when you get inside the truck.
Right now with FFUR though, the AI commander runs away for kilometres in some direction im not even supposed to go as soon as combat is over :(
Or the first mission of Red Hammer, after taking the beach you are supposed to get into the truck... i get in, but the truck stays standing still etc etc.

For some reason though, single missions do finish :confused:

Upvote 0
The evil RTCW spammer Oldih has returned and this time with a vengeance.

z1og6.jpg

Interesting wine cellar.

z2cz0.jpg

Mighty boot in action.

And lad... I mean gentlemen, here's what everyone has been craving for.

z3jr2.jpg

z4xz5.jpg

*stab*

z5qg8.jpg

How catchy name.

z6es1.jpg

z7su6.jpg

z8ie4.jpg

Now this looks bit... kinky?

z9it6.jpg

It's unfair that I have all nice modern nazi miniguns and teslas... let's make it fair one!

z10ya3.jpg

I smell taco in here.

Upvote 0
Stop posting RTCW screens or I'll start posting Vietcong screens! The ones that aren't good!

Aside; Brothers In Arms was a horrible game.

I loved both BiA's for its focus on the soldiers and story.
Also liked the feel of the combat, it felt more like real combat to me as in most wargames it's just point-and-click and they die, in BiA they dont die that quick since their behind cover, it just leads to firefights wich you wouldnt get in Ghost Recon for example.
Now, i say this 'real combat' not as realistic, but as capturing the feel of it before anyone goes that way (and they will :D)

I can guess though why most people dislike BiA:
"i C@nT Sn!p3z0rs$s t3h 3nuhmI!"
Meaning, when soldiers are crouching behind cover you cant kill them from the front. Only when they stand up.
I can live with that, for this reason: BiA was made around making tactics work (find, fix, flank, finish). If they had enabled the player to snipe enemies from behind cover, then that is exactly what people would have done... And then the rant would be:"OMG This game doesnt deliver what its promised! It's not tactical at all cause i can just snipe them!"
It's really a matter of animation imo.
Right now its just crouching animation, wich is pretty crude. IRL, people would press themselves behind cover in any pose, just to get themselves as much cover as they possible can get.
However, BiA isnt nearly sophisticated enough to display all these kinds of animations, so they just use crouch... Wich leads to visible unsnipeable heads.
It's just an game-thing people will have to live with.
Hope that made some sense to people lol.

Anyways, i dont consider it a great sacrifice not being able to snipe people as it forces me to use the tactics, wich is exactly what i bought the game for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0