• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Leader "Commands" Feature needs to be finished

• Thread starter |9.SS|Johann Seiter
  • Start date

|9.SS|Johann Seiter

So I'm a squad leader and I want to give the command to attack an objective, I press

Commands => Attack => Objective

And then it tells me:

All teammates
Ramm's squad
Friedrich's squad

So how am I supposed to know who is in who's squad? There should be a second player list other than the scoreboard to show the squads, and better yet the squads should be organized like real military would be.

Maybe even put in a minefield effect where if a player walks too far away from his squad he dies because of treason, and then has to wait for his entire squad to die.

Oh and squads spawn together as an optional.

I think what he is saying if you have a team of 50 / 100 on a 100 server, in order to pinpoint commands, those 50 should be in Squads (like 10 men each).

Then when the Squad Leader issues a command, such as "attack the Farm," 28 individual soldiers don't scramble over to the Farm, neglecting the other Objectives.

Instead of a mob, you could have an organized team, with each separate squad knowing better where to go and who should take which objective.

It would be a more productive way of using the forces of the side. Then everyone would know where they need to go quickly (without time being wasted) and without confusion as to who should go where.

I think that is a good idea. I suppose the 10 men in the squad could decide whether all 10 should attack, should they split into 2 separate groups etc.

Upvote 0
anyone whose seen or played bf2142 will know that the squad organisation is sweet (about the best thing about it!) Would be cool if we had something similar in RO.

Or at least, could we have it so that the tank commander can only give orders to tank crewmen & the squad leader can only give orders to infantry.

Something needs sorting so that we dont have just waves of players ww1 style.

Upvote 0
No I don't mean anything related to the 100 server things.

Even when you are playing with all human players on like a 50 player map you can see:

Player1's squad
Player2's squad
Player3's squad

But how do you know who is in who's squad.

It's a feature left from UT2004, not implemented by Devs themselves. So, I don't think there's something to finish.

You can hope for a squad system for their next game though :)

Upvote 0