• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Brutal FPS drop

migu3l

Dec 26, 2006
Hi there! Here is my problem: im playing normally with nice average fps...but when i use a sniper scope my fps fall to 5 (approximately)! and when I zoom out to the normal camera (weapon shown) the fps still in 5! so i must minimize and maximize the game again to get normal fps :(
Does anyone know what can I do? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

ps: sorry for my english, im spanish :p

@Zetsumei, I tried that and now I dont have any problems with "2D scope", it worked great.

Btw, I have that problem in some maps and intense combats too! (with smoke etc), especially in the map zhitomir1944, after 1 min playing (loading the map in memory etc) it goes to 9fps! and must minimize/maximize... any idea?

thanks so much.

Upvote 0
Check your windows page file size (just do a quick Google on it so you'll find information in your own language)

And beside that try closing all programs before starting ro (and try running memtest). Often firewalls and virus scanners that don't like ro or don't fully accept only start being nasty after its been started for a while so check that ro is accepted everywhere completely.

Upvote 0
Hi, thats what i did:
- Checked my pagefile size and tried different sizes
- Memtest
- Checked and defragged my HD
- Closed some programs and disabled my firewall
- Defragged, verfied cache and reinstalled the game (deleted and downloaded again completly)
And Im still having that problem/bug :(

Here is my last "RedOrchestra.log" and my *.ini files if them help you.

Thanks!

Attachments

• RedOrchestra.zip
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, ok I have tried that (precache off) and here are the results:

- Played 10 times at danzig (exiting and entering the game each time)
- 8 times with soviet sniper rifle and worked great, 0 "errors"
- 2 times with german sniper rifle and i got only one fps drop.

I will try more times when i finish my exams and will check if it can be reproduced again.

Thanks!!

Upvote 0