• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

faces of the german soldiers!

It doesn't even have to be 100% camo, just something that looks like it belongs. Just a reversible parka and maybe a whitewashed helmet, and some felt boots. They did exist, and considering the Germans have no second uniform while Russian teams are fully stocked with camo jackets and slacks, it really starts getting old.

IMO it's not even a matter of how much it was used. We have things in RO that were rare by any standards available in most maps. And for the sake of balance it only makes sense to give the Germans some kind of camo.

By the way sorry for the hijack, it's just something not often discussed since anything regarding uniforms is just filed into that massive thread and forgotten.

Upvote 0
It doesn't even have to be 100% camo, just something that looks like it belongs. Just a reversible parka and maybe a whitewashed helmet, and some felt boots. They did exist, and considering the Germans have no second uniform while Russian teams are fully stocked with camo jackets and slacks, it really starts getting old.

IMO it's not even a matter of how much it was used. We have things in RO that were rare by any standards available in most maps. And for the sake of balance it only makes sense to give the Germans some kind of camo.

By the way sorry for the hijack, it's just something not often discussed since anything regarding uniforms is just filed into that massive thread and forgotten.

Reversible Splinter A pattern helmet cover and overwhites = teh win. Or just single reverisble parka jacket or trousers alone.

Often the uniform discussion goes out of hand more or less. Sure it might be possible to keep it polite, but generally speaking especially when speaking about camouflage (especially WSS or german winter camo for some reason. No offense meant to anyone, but that just seems to be the case) there is either some generic misunderstandments or debate about "It looks cool" vs authenticity. Or atleast it seems so.

One good example about WSS camo is to look some original photos. Those photos posted earlier in this thread is one fine example - everyone is near frontline yet not everyone seems to have camouflage at all. Or look some original colour photos. You can see more or less mixtures about some parka jackets (or trousers) and snow overwhites (they are easier to recognize from colour photos - that which is which) and such.

Upvote 0
In the german army, so many different races fought in it it's amazing. Italian, Finnish, even some Russians fought in the German army. Polish too.

Same for the Red Army. Although it was not as diverse as the german army, they had Russians, Polish, a few Czech, and even Germans.

I don't think we need a stereotypical lookin german. It would be cool if we saw this diversity, though.

Upvote 0
In the german army, so many different races fought in it it's amazing. Italian, Finnish, even some Russians fought in the German army. Polish too.

Same for the Red Army. Although it was not as diverse as the german army, they had Russians, Polish, a few Czech, and even Germans.

I don't think we need a stereotypical lookin german. It would be cool if we saw this diversity, though.

Sorry, but have to nitpick.;) Finnish volunteers (pledge-battalion) fought in the SS, not in the army. Like most of the foreigners you mentioned did.

And yes, I

Upvote 0
Sorry, but have to nitpick.;) Finnish volunteers (pledge-battalion) fought in the SS, not in the army. Like most of the foreigners you mentioned did.

Some finns did fought in Heer, but they are quite a minority.

Even few japanese were in the Red Army (I believe they were prisoners originally), then they were taken as prisoners to Germany, and germans put them in the coast of Normandy, and when americans landed I can't imagine the "WTF" on their face when they noticed there are few japanese among the german prisoners they got after the landings.

Upvote 0
lol, this really is turning out to be a bit of a virtual ***** fight isn't it?

Who really gives a **** what the faces of the germans look like! If you are seriously thinking that they aren't German enough, then you really need to get out a bit more and start living, rather than getting caught up in stupid little things. As for uniforms, sure it would be great to see german camo, but again, is it really that important? No.

And as for going on about tripwire being lazy, then firstly, I think you should give them a break as I'm pretty sure they're creating a new game, and secondly, stop treating them like gods, with all this "you said tripwire are lazy!-blasphemy!", It's kinda pathetic.

Oh ye, Danix mate, you really need to learn to spell, read and write etc...

Upvote 0