• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
Some of the weapons in my opinion look and behave ridiculous. Check out the scope on the SVD:

95% of your field of view is obstructed.

Indeed, looks like they are drawing your view on the front lens, not the rear lens where you would actually see the magnified "picture" in real life.

I actually own a replica of this scope (its a Zastava), and there's no tunnel on that.

Whilst we're at it, the Zastava M76 rifle would have been a better addition than the Dragunov, again, poor weapon research.

Upvote 0
that's enough for me

that's enough for me

Well I've played for a day or something like that and let me tell you they realy ****ed up what they had going.
They game feels like Counter Strike Souce but with ironsights.
Unless they decide to actually fix the damn bugs/weapons and back away from the CS'ish gameplay with a patch pretty soon, IMHO the mod would have gone to ****.
I've wasted enough time on it, I'll wait for beta3 if they ever come out with it . In the current state, the game is unplayable and is pure **** (IMHO).

Happy thanksgiving

Upvote 0
Sniper bullets dont seem to register either...
I have made many shots on still sitting targets, and they didnt go down. Bloodstains were there, but no dying whatsoever.

tbh the only thing that does seem to be working in this second beta is the new intro movie, and that is only 3 seconds long so that doesnt count for much either :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Yep, its offical I am finally going to deinstall it.

Had a crash after 5 minutes (plus minus 3 minutes), server connecting takes ages (nobody is playing it btw). They forced my to download it as a torrent because fileplanet sucks and I had to rebind my keyes (yeah god bless the "full installer")

Someone should try to hire a few of their devs atleast the menu guys seem to have talent.

Upvote 0
Yeah INS stinks in its current form. Performance is still laughable, now you gotta riddle guys with bullets to take em down, and it crashes like a mofo. Plus the general attitude of the DEV team is rather that of ignorance (their hype machines aside). Hell if you post constructive criticism, you usually end up getting threatened by an admin or something, aside from the blood thirsty fan boys.

Upvote 0
Played it tonight for 30 minutes.
It was stable, not many bugs, 3 stable servers too, tho one was a bit weak (lag).
Firefights can be great, after you get the hang of it.
Loosing the extra HUD options works fine.
The appointed commander role works fine IMO.
We had teamwork and that made it worth while.

Still it doesn't stick somehow.
It's not as addictive as it could be.
It has many elements which should make it worth while, but someone it doesn't succeed in that area.
As if it's gameplay without a sole.

I'll play again this weekend, just to make sure I'm not mistaken ;)

Monk.

Upvote 0
Well, I've been playing B2 for a few hours and it seems to crash less for me. Anything higher than 24 players seems to be a guarantee for a server crash.

Some of the new things are pretty cool, like the HUD icons... I think this is good for teamwork, and now people at least know where the objectives are.

People say movement is faster but I haven't really noticed this tbh. Recoil seems still quite controllable to me, at least the AK-47 (haven't played USMC a lot) It's still very buggy though. The movement is still clunky, and you still get stuck every 10 seconds. The hitboxes are messed up, especially on prone enemies. Sometimes they're impossible to kill. Lots of shots don't register.

I agree that the SVD is bad, what's up with that ridiculous scope view? Spawncamping is still there by the way.
It does seem they're straying away from realism (though they won't admit that of course). I think if they'd focus more on slow tactics and teamwork it would be alot better. The INS team seem to be a bit confused as to which direction they want to take with their mod. Realism, or tactical shooter? Sometimes INS feels more like a deathmatch shooter because on some maps, fighting is only centered around one objective (ie: Baghdad).

I rate it about the same as B1: not worse, but not better either. Will uninstall for now and hope they actually fix bugs and smoothen out gameplay next patch. I still think it has potential but INS is just too clunky at the moment.

Upvote 0