• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
They have sent beta 2 to the mirror hosts, who now have full control of the mod. It is now up the mirrors as to when the mod is made availabl.e

I know alot of you disprove of the teams choice of mirrors, but please do not bash them for it, they could of delayed the release further. It has happened now, so you will have to live with it.

I repeat, the development team have lost all control over the release of beta 2.

They have not slept either for the last 2 or 3 days. Please cut them some slack if you were planning on having a go at them.

Please keep all nonsence the forum is experiencing to the 'Beta 2 release date' thread as well.

Thank you for your time.

PS Sorry if I upset anyone with my beta 2 link when it infact pointed to beta 1.0. It was quite intentional, and thankfully alot of you fell for it.
biggrin.gif
It was done out of pure fun.

Hah now they're pinning it on failplanet. I don't know who fails more, them of fileplanet.

Upvote 0
Gave it a try and nothing really seemed to be improved. I was still seeing the same bugs as I did in 1.0. The new weapons would be cool if you could actually select them.

Overall nothing fixed and is still as crappy as the 1st version.
You can select weapons.... just press the "," or "." to change weapons. I haven't tried it online yet but I like the new weapons and maps. It still crashes though. And I thought there was gonna be a dragonov.

Upvote 0
You can select weapons.... just press the "," or "." to change weapons. I haven't tried it online yet but I like the new weapons and maps. It still crashes though. And I thought there was gonna be a dragonov.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. I go to select and class and weapon along with a very limited customization screen and non of my changes work.

Upvote 0
my beta2 opinion

my beta2 opinion

Well thought I would add fuel to the fire and share my impressions on beta 2 so far:

Game crashes more then before - check
Cannot get the SVD rifle - check
More icons and ****/more 'arcade' feeling - check
Teamkilling still not fixed - check
Install doesn't warn that it doesnt keep old config files - check
Player movement still not fixed - check
Game crashes A LOT/other server problems - check
Player count bug present - check
Intro video - check
The front part of the AKS74 looks wrong - check
Edit:
Spawncamping still present - check
When you are prone you steel feel like you are elevated too much -check

Good things:

RPK doesn't behave like a star wars laser gun
More recoil on the AK's
Accuracy is decreased
Reload bugs finally fixed

So IMHO they didn't fix a lot of bugs from the last version and every new feature introduced HAS at least 1 bug associated with it. So with a new version this game is still buggy and incomplete just like it was before :( .

(I'll add more stuff, just can't think of anything else right now)

====
Shall I close this thread and open up a new one with a fresh poll for BETA2?

This thread is too epic to die now. I think a mod should rename the thread title to include the word 'epic' too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Players still can get stuck together.
The RPK charging handle still isn't animated when firing in iron sights mode.
Can't select weapon and player appearance.
Can still get stuck with the RPG or shotgun classes (**** classes) when no other class is available.
Menu doesn't work half the time.
The new in world objective icons get in the way alot and can **** up a shot easily and look tacky overall.

The lack of any real new features is the most disappointing. They could of made it better but they added a few unusable weapons and maps that have horrible issues in them. Good to see that the input from the 1st beta and 4 months didn't mean a ****ing thing.

I'm done ranting. I'm going back to RO and COD4.

Upvote 0
Anyone else here who thinks that they increased the movement speed?
I feel like playing CoD4!

I did notice that you seem to run a little faster than before. What I find is more interesting is that the damage model seems to be changed.
Before it took 1 shot from an AK to get somebody. Now it seems 1 shot is not enough for a kill. It takes 2 or 3 shots to get them.
Well, either they did change the damage system or I should really start using single mode on that AK cuz the auto is just too fast now.

Upvote 0
Actually, I think that BEta 2 is way better than beta 1.1, even though the frequent server crashes might prove to be desastrous.
Concerning the cluttered view with the floating objectives: you can switch that off wqith a button, thus you can sue it to check quickly and then turn it off again, so I liek it better than the old system.

Upvote 0
I did notice that you seem to run a little faster than before. What I find is more interesting is that the damage model seems to be changed.
Before it took 1 shot from an AK to get somebody. Now it seems 1 shot is not enough for a kill. It takes 2 or 3 shots to get them.
Well, either they did change the damage system or I should really start using single mode on that AK cuz the auto is just too fast now.

Oh yeah faster movement and dumbed down damage!
Really a way to make things more realistic!
These guys saw the numbers of players decreasing (because they pissed of the realism fans and the arcade players as well) and decided to go the arcade way to increase player numbers!
I smell the whiff of CS or DoD! even the hardcore mode of CoD4 is more realistic now! At last i can ppl with one hit!
Thank god for RO or PR!

Upvote 0
I just played a couple of rounds.

I had hopes for the second beta but I have to admit it, I'm utterly disappointed.
Again they wanked on the community by releasing (lol "releasing") it via failplanet. A small advertisement on their frontpage, woohoo. SRSLY what is this ****. As if somehow more people would download a mod if it was hardly available.
"What? You've got no fp subscription? Enjoy your 40 minutes of waiting + 70kb/s or just wait another day when we release (lol "release") our mod for the rest of you."

As for the actual gameplay, it sucks. Rifles now feel the same as in DoD. Fire three rounds and you're looking at the sky. Additionally, most maps still(!) consist of a few chokepoints where everyone naturally aims their guns at. This results in making INS a game you might as well call "you move, you die".

Upvote 0