• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Best turn based? I would have to say the Combat Mission series. I've never played a battle or campaign that I didn't thoroughly enjoyed.

But even though the sudden strike is real-time, dont let that scare you. Its actually quite slow. It takes alot of planning and actual in-game scouting to pull of succesful missions. In fact, Ive only actually ever beat one campaign in the game. Trust me though, its very much worth a look into.

Yes forgot Combat mission series as it goes- may even have the disks tucked away for a couple of them.
Another game i had was 'eric young's squad assault'- but i had a job getting into it. Anyone know if it was worth perseverance?
I might check out SStrike as you say it doesn't go nuts like Soldiers did- thanks

Upvote 0
kaneandlynch2007-11-2110-49-20-68.jpg

kaneandlynch2007-11-2119-15-35-35.jpg

kaneandlynch2007-11-2119-15-43-39.jpg

kaneandlynch2007-11-2119-44-53-92.jpg

Upvote 0
Started playing Morrowind again, spent yesterday installing the expansions and installing a load of mods.

MGE%20Screenshot%201.jpg

same town without MGE
morrowind003.jpg

MGE%20Screenshot%202.jpg

MGE%20Screenshot%204.jpg

MGE%20Screenshot%205.jpg

Had trouble finding alot of mods i used to use but I found this website which has up-to-date links to massive number of good mods. Apart from the visual/texture improvement mods etc and some other minor mods im using, I'd recommend one of the Adventurers mods and Necessities of Morrowind.

Also using the great morrowind graphic extender
5535-1-1193035109.jpg

Upvote 0

wow, thanks for the link! I too have been playing Morrowind again recently and I've been hoping of finding something like that.

since I'm here, I may as well post a few "scenic" pics I've taken in-game. all were taken without any mods installed or any expansions running.

odai_river_balmora.jpg

molag_mar_waterworks.jpg

ahemussa_camp.jpg

bitter_coast_islands_1.jpg

vivec_1.jpg

Upvote 0
A few more...
MGE%20Screenshot%206.jpg

MGE%20Screenshot%207.jpg

MGE%20Screenshot%208.jpg

Think ive pretty much got MGE tweaked for my system now, going to remove some texture mods because having the rocks a different colour of grey doesnt seem like MW to me :eek: Can't believe how many days ive lost to this game in the last 5 or so years. BTW im really liking the adventurers mod, doesnt add any 'out of place' game play changes, makes somthings much harder, some weapons/items more expensive, different types of monster, random NPC's in towns, higher requirments for guilds etc. Makes it more challenging and different for anyone who has played it for years and knows which house in Balmora has a rat problem and where to go to get the Mentor's Ring without even checking the map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0