• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MOH Airborne & THC's Battle For The Pacific & MOH

Gamburd

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2007
Detroit, MI
The History Channel: Battle For The Pacific ($39.99 U.S.) supposedly hit the store shelves today in the U.S.; will this be the Pacific War FPS that us WWII fanatics have wished for??

I doubt it; given their track record, THC has made a series of mediocre to below average historical games; I expect more of the same.

It sounds like mainly a single-player game, but there is a multiplayer game component. It sounds like you fight at Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima.

If anyone buys it, let me know what they think.

Also, how bad was MOH: Airborne?? From what I could garner reading the thread on it a few months ago, the plot became odd at the end with Castle Wolfenstein style German soldiers?? Is that right?? I have the opportunity to buy it for $30.00 U.S. Do you think I should buy it, or was it really stupid??

Someone MOH: Airborne felt more like a console game; do you agree with them?? I have Xbox 360; do you think it would play better on that.

But I will have to pay $63.60 for the Xbox game ($60.00 +$3.60 sales tax).

Of course, I also won't get any Mods people eventually make for it; someone usually at lease makes a uniform realism type Mod for the MOH games. Because it is single player, I think that limits the ability to mod it.

When's the third Brothers In Arms game going to be published?; that also will deal with Market Garden.

Last edited:
MOH airborne was ok, but, as has been said, the last mission was a total cock up by EA. I mean, nazis walking around wearing gas masks and wielding MG 42s with no recoil...?!? As soon as I found that it took more than 8 rounds to the head from the garand to kill them I uninstalled the game and haven't touched it since!

However, up to that part the gameplay was ok, nothing special really. Not really worth the money yet, wait for it to appear in the bargain bucket before you get it.

Upvote 0
Last MoH game I played was PA. Not horrible, only OK. I chuckled at the beginning of the game in Pearl Harbor when the CPO you're riding around with had a gold chin strap on this combo cover. It would have been awesome if the game let you arrest him for impersonating an officer LOL.

Some US field gear (and also some other gear parts, like helmet chinstraps) are noted for being goldish by colour, especially some early OD#3 gear ;)

Upvote 0