• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Got this few days ago and didn't have time to test it.
w115255702.jpg

w115255718.jpg

w115255727.jpg

w115420519.jpg

Upvote 0
I paid $375 for my Russian SKS. All matching except for the stock, which is Russian military and force-matched to the gun. Oddly enough, it has Izhevsk property markings (I'm unaware of any SKSs being made outside of Tula).

Great gun.

Yep, Izhevsk made SKSs, they just are kinda rare (only made them until '50 if I'm not mistaken)

Upvote 0
Nice nagants :cool:

Yeah, california did kind of rip me off, but thats the cost of living here. :rolleyes: The owner of the shop was selling it for someone else.

forgot to mention that it has all matching #s no chinese characters and imported by GLNIC in L.A.

I love finding out the history of my rifles, and despite what info i do have, i want more! it's driving me crazy :p

sks002rj4.jpg

Upvote 0
Yep, Izhevsk made SKSs, they just are kinda rare (only made them until '50 if I'm not mistaken)

That's cool, I didn't know that. Mine's a '52 Tula, the replacement stock has an Izhevsk property stamp and is force-matched to the rest of the rifle (which REALLY matches).

I'll post pics as soon as I get moved into the new house (I get my own gun-room:cool:!).

Upvote 0
Nice nagants :cool:

Yeah, california did kind of rip me off, but thats the cost of living here. :rolleyes: The owner of the shop was selling it for someone else.

forgot to mention that it has all matching #s no chinese characters and imported by GLNIC in L.A.

I love finding out the history of my rifles, and despite what info i do have, i want more! it's driving me crazy :p

head over to simonov.net to identify your rifle further... that's how I found out what the hell mine was... is there a squared off "n" on the rear sight?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The problem is that the gas port wasn't lined up properly with the tick mark on the other part of the rifle. I've read this will prevent the gas from escaping. I had no way of adjusting it because of my utility tool being worn out.

And yes, I did a thorough cleaning and functions check on it before taking it to the range. It's my own fault for thinking the piston system would still work right with a misaligned port.

Annnnnnd today was much, much better. Got a new gas regulator (wartime production) installed, along with one of the better utility tools, and the rifle shot like a champ (other than the sight post being offset to the right). Out of 80 rounds fired I had only about a half-dozen or so that failed to cycle properly, with the regulator set to 1.3. Fun, fun times. :D

Next up: my 1945 M44 and 1928 M91. :)

Upvote 0
The S/27 1937 came in this week. A really sweet rifle, with a healthy amount of wear to it and proof markings all over the place, right down to the screws. Really shows how exacting the Germans were early on with the K98k.

100_0669.jpg

100_0672.jpg

You suck :(! Do you have any idea how long I've been scowering the local shops and shows for an all/mostly matching, non-import '42 or earlier Oberndorf K98? And I'm talking about some of the best shows in the region
! And the gun show is this weekend and I spent so much on Christmas presents that I can only afford a few 50 round mags for my new PS90 :)D guess I have something to be happy about, LOL).

It's not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair :p!

Upvote 0
You suck :(! Do you have any idea how long I've been scowering the local shops and shows for an all/mostly matching, non-import '42 or earlier Oberndorf K98? And I'm talking about some of the best shows in the region
! And the gun show is this weekend and I spent so much on Christmas presents that I can only afford a few 50 round mags for my new PS90 :)D guess I have something to be happy about, LOL).

It's not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair :p!

:D

Go sign up at GK43Forum.com and watch the boards for K98s for sale. That's how I got this and my other matching K98. No auctions, no haggling, just good, honest sellers.

Upvote 0