• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Team Fortress 2 - Waiting/Trailer thread

Fail!

Its by far the funniest game of the last 4 years and lets not forget gentleman FUN!. You know FUN before games were a second job (re: WoW) (Stolen from ZeroPunctuation)

Hell yeah, sprad. Some people (and devs) seem to get so tangled up in this "realism" thing that they completely close off their eyes for anything else. Shame, because they're missing out on a lot of fun stuff.

I didn't get hyped up for this game at all, only a few weeks ago I became interested... now that I've played it, I'm having a lot of fun. There aren't a lot of games that make me laugh out loud, but TF2 is one of them. :)

I'm really amazed at its balance, every class is different and they all need each other. But the amount of teamwork in this game impresses me as well, especially for a Source game. I always see people building sentries, medics healing people, and spies going behind the enemy lines to sap sentries.

Love the cartoony, stylized look as well. Some people might say it looks "childish" but Valve was like "screw those idiots" and created graphics that look really cool... certainly goes hand in hand with the humour of the game. It's also very newbie friendly with the tips during the loading and respawn screens.

Valve definitely proved that they're one of the few developers that can think outside the box (and not care what the "realism" crowd thinks).

Upvote 0
Ahhh this game is great fun :D ..however I'm already bored with the maps. Each one has a very specific way to approach.. and that is called - ZERG as one big group with an Uber (2 if possible) and a few Pyros. Works for every map. Send a scout in by himself to pinpoint the sentries, then hang back and build teh uber. 2Fort is a bit different, but it works there as well. The style of the game is what I like most, not necessarily the gameplay - it is mostly spam-style combat tbh.

Upvote 0
Fail!

Its by far the funniest game of the last 4 years and lets not forget gentleman FUN!. You know FUN before games were a second job (re: WoW) (Stolen from ZeroPunctuation)

Hell ye! No other MP and only a handful of SPs caused me fits of laughter like this one... Convincing a med as a spy-pyro to uber you and than run around, pretending to chase your teammates for 10 secs.. watching your nemesis drop to his death in sudden death mode from your lucky rocket that had sent him into that crevice in hydro (you dont get your revenge that way but it was so damn funny)... not to mention the wonderful voice acting.. oh and that "FYI Im a spy" tube someone linked here was one of the funniest things Ive ever seen.:D

Funny+ exciting= whats not to like?

Strange thing I noticed about this game, though- its unbearable to lose in it (specialy on dust and gravel- attackers/defenders maps)- youll rarely see the losers utter a "gg", instead theyll curse the noobishness of their team. I usualy hate all those "****n nubs!" sore losers but I find myself wanting to write the same and worse... something bout those maps which can drive a man a jerk...

Upvote 0
Strange thing I noticed about this game, though- its unbearable to lose in it (specialy on dust and gravel- attackers/defenders maps)- youll rarely see the losers utter a "gg", instead theyll curse the noobishness of their team. I usualy hate all those "****n nubs!" sore losers but I find myself wanting to write the same and worse... something bout those maps which can drive a man a jerk...

Well in this game every class needs each other, so if you played your role well but the rest of the team didn't, you can only blame your team, not so much yourself. It's definitely a game of teamwork... without it, your team loses (On a side note, I love the cynical "You're all losers!" line when the round results in a tie:))

BTW, the spy class confuses the hell out of me. I've seen people taking my name (if you hover your xhairs over them), clearly indicating that he's a spy. But when I kill him, he shows up in the death message as a different name. Do you automatically get the name of someone else if you put a disguise on, or something?

Also, do you lose your disguise if they wound you just a little, or does it require a full kill to reveal your true identity? Because if it does, you can just shrug it off if they wound you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah when you take on a disguise, you take a random name of the enemy team.
Usually of a player of the class you are disguising yourself like.
I've had it happen to me on 2fort, walking into the enemy intel room disguised as an engineer, and saw a soldier and another engi.
Unfortunately, the soldier knew the name of the enemy engi, wich happened to be the name i had taken on at random :D
It was so funny to see, watching the soldier look at me, then look to his right at the enemy engi, then back to me, back to the enemy engi, then back to me and shoot me in the face with a rocket :D
I could allmost see a WTF text floating above his head haha :D

TF2 definitely requires some teamwork, and the classes invite this as they can be really supportive towards eachother.
Unlike RO, where you can go pretty much lone-wolf, wich then happens too most of the time hehe.
Next to that, there's 9 different playstyles so there is plenty gameplay to be had. Get bored of a certain way to play, take another class, easy as that! You allmost dont need any other games any more :p
And the graphical style really supports the gameplay, too.
I cannot count the times i laughed out loud at stuff happening, mostly at the death-screens wich sometimes freeze in the most hilarious moments :)

I love playing Pyro these days.
The other day we were on Dustbowl, the part where there is a small building with a cap-point on top, then through some tunnels and into a final cap-point very close to the enemy spawn. I flanked the small building, jumped on top, and when i was there i looked to the side, discovering a group of 7 players standing together.
Instantly realising the potential i allready started grinning to myself, forcing myself not to yell BANZAIIII at the screen when i jumped of the building, right into the middle of the group, and put them all on fire.
The chaos that then ensued was priceless. Everybody was running all directions frantically yelling FIRE FIRE FIIIHIIIREE! while i chased them around making my character mumble taunts along the way to put the hurt on them a little bit more till they all died xD
There is nothing quite like running around between burning people yelling HMMM HMMM HMM! HMMM!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BTW, the spy class confuses the hell out of me. I've seen people taking my name (if you hover your xhairs over them), clearly indicating that he's a spy. But when I kill him, he shows up in the death message as a different name. Do you automatically get the name of someone else if you put a disguise on, or something?

Also, do you lose your disguise if they wound you just a little, or does it require a full kill to reveal your true identity? Because if it does, you can just shrug it off if they wound you.

A spy takes a real name of the other team as part of his disguise and the game automaticaly assign it to you according to your choice of class. If you chose a class that no-one on the other team playes it will assign you a random name so its better to choose a class you know the enemy uses- that way you at least know who to avoid.

Nothing causes you to lose disguise cept attacking and dying so shrugging it off is a good tactic though most players nowadays wont buy it:- They can see you lose health, if they pay attention, as your disguise shows your true health. (hence- dont run around calling for med if you have full health, you wont fool anyone)

Invisibility mechanics is an entirely different thing. You will lose invisibility % from almost anything: getting wounded, brushing shoulders with the opposite team members, coming out of the water and... well, thats about it I think.
And remember you are rarely 100% invisible, maybe just for a 1-2 secs, so try to stick to shadows or hard cover betweeen you and them.

Upvote 0