• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

semi auto AT rifle

Personally I'd like a PTRS but after all the damage I and many others have caused on maps like Leningrad,that snowy moscow one I cant remeber the name of, Berezina,one of the Orels with the ATR,ect. I do not think its a good idea.

That's true. Because of this I'd limit the PTRS only for late war maps such as Arad. PTRD is pretty useless in maps that have late Pz4, Panter and Tiger, because you'll have to outflank the tanks to have even some chance and still you probably have time for only one shot if the tankers are even remotely capable and that's never enough to take out a tank. Not very rewarding if you have spent 5 minutes to get into decent position and that's why no-one plays Russian AT-soldier in Arad.

Upvote 0
I have been wanting this too, and I have an Idea to add. While it is a semi auto, its rate of fire should only be about 1.5 to two times faster. a way to keep it basically the same weapon but to raise the rate of fire. As a balance to that make reload about 3-6 seconds long. This way you could unload on a tank pretty quick and maybe kill it with the first magazine. I think the rate of fire should be a little slower than the T60 main gun. Maybe even making it a bit less accurate than the PTRD. Frankly it can take quite a while to kill the heavy tanks (But I have one hit a few Pz IIIs and Pz IVs and maybe a panther but he might have been smoking) Someone has to make it. :D

Upvote 0
I have been wanting this too, and I have an Idea to add. While it is a semi auto, its rate of fire should only be about 1.5 to two times faster. a way to keep it basically the same weapon but to raise the rate of fire. As a balance to that make reload about 3-6 seconds long. This way you could unload on a tank pretty quick and maybe kill it with the first magazine. I think the rate of fire should be a little slower than the T60 main gun. Maybe even making it a bit less accurate than the PTRD. Frankly it can take quite a while to kill the heavy tanks (But I have one hit a few Pz IIIs and Pz IVs and maybe a panther but he might have been smoking) Someone has to make it. :D

What you really need is the ability to be able to shoot out the vision blocks and other bits and bobs off the tanks plus i read somewhere that they could disable later war stuff by breaking the tracks.
Imagine how pissed off guys in Tigers and Panthers would get when you render them blind or immobile :p

Upvote 0
By 1942, they had 63,308 PTRS's manufactured, and by 1945 400,000 were made.

That may sound like alot, untill you considder how big the red army was, then it becomes apparent that only a small percantage of all thease men would have carried one.

Im certainly not against including it, but really, there does need to be something that limits it, for historical accuracy, it would be a shame if it was suddenly the only AT rifle you saw used on the servers (and that would likely happen if it was readilly avalible).

Upvote 0
That may sound like alot, untill you considder how big the red army was, then it becomes apparent that only a small percantage of all thease men would have carried one.

Im certainly not against including it, but really, there does need to be something that limits it, for historical accuracy, it would be a shame if it was suddenly the only AT rifle you saw used on the servers (and that would likely happen if it was readilly avalible).

It's not the servers, its the maps. I'd say most of the maps in RO are made by competent people that atleast try to care about realism. The makers who make crappy unrealistic maps...well these maps aren't worth playing anyways so there's really no problem.

Upvote 0
As long as we are on the topic of AT weapons, why not give the axis a panzerschreck?

2 main reasons:

1) Zeh Jermans allready have an excellent AT weapon in the Faust, whilst the Soviets are stuck with a one-shot weapon that must be deployed, and takes alot of practice to get good at.
There's allready an imbalance there, for the sake of gameplay, the chasm does not exactly need to get wider..

2) The Schrek was a 2 man opperated weapon, its gonne be pretty hard to code that, and get people to team up and use it (outside of clan matches atleast).

Upvote 0
But one man could operate it, saw it on a show the other day about all this stuff. The panzershreck would be so effective there could only be one on a battlefield in a game to be fair. It would kill almost all tanks in one hit. The panzerfaust still is greatly more effective than the PTRD. The fact that the PTRD has a longer range doesn't even make up for it 90% of the time.

Upvote 0
Grobut said:
2 main reasons:...................

1. The Panzerfaust was deployed among riflemen and common soliders like grenades not technically a "Pak-soldat" weapon. There is no imbalance there's probably too much balance the PTRD is a 1-3 hit kill weapon (like the Panzerfaust in game) from any range unless you've never played with it before also the Panzerfaust is made easily available to the Russians on most Stock and custom maps for some reason. Lastly the Russians really never had anything that compared with the Panzerfaust until the war was over just because there is no "counter weapon" does not mean -- "ZOMG" "UNFAIR" the latest Panzerfaust/ Raketenpanzerb

Last edited:
Upvote 0