• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Survey - Your ideas improve gameplay

Bottom line on servers: Use maps that fit the slots you offer. If you have 50 slots, do not use maps that are crowded, arty infested, or poor performance wise. Basovka is one example that is perfect at 32 but by 44+ is murder. If you run 24 slot servers, don't run large scale maps like Berezina.

Be smart. Match the slot count to the maps and what they offer. Map selection is key and look for maps that offer the most dynamic play which leads to higher replay value. People get less bored.

Personally, I prefer mid to large size CA maps where everyone has something to do. I still find Kessel to be one of the single best infantry maps made. Tcherkassy is very high on my list as well. I also think the more players the better but mappers need to consider this when building and setting up roles. Give people something to do and craft the load outs accordingly to offer the most and prevent the most abuse.

Upvote 0
A major thanks to everyone who has given feedback so far. I apologize for not posting myself in the past few pages, but I've been reading the thread every day or so to see what's been said. :)

The discussion on number of slots has been quite enlightening. I agree that with such a range of maps, it's hard to have slots ideal for all of them. However, since at the present time, I'm only planning one server, I'll probably be going with 32 slots, as it seems to fit a nice average.

As far as mutators, I don't forsee putting on a lot of add-ons that greatly effect gameplay. I might put on one or two, but only in minor respects. I'd like to keep as close to the original intent of the game as possible.

Please, keep the ideas coming, all. :)

Upvote 0