• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Who the heck is Destineer?

Destineer Press Release:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MINNEAPOLIS, MN, NOV 5, 2007 –Destineer Publishing Corp. is pleased to announce that it has licensed Unreal Engine 3 from Epic Games, Inc., for a yet to be announced project. Destineer is the studio formed by former Bungie Software executive vice president, Peter Tamte. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Peter Tamte, president of Destineer says, "The Unreal Engine 3 is an impressively versatile piece of technology, and we are very excited to utilize it for our unannounced project. We are using the Unreal Engine to make a game for a genre in which you would not expect to see it. The engine is performing marvelously and Epic’s support has been top-notch.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“We’re excited to be working with Destineer, said Mark Rein, vice president of Epic. “They’re doing some innovative things with Unreal Engine 3 that people might not expect to see. We’ve been encouraging companies to use their imagination and think outside the box with Unreal Engine 3, and it is exciting to see that the message is starting to pay off.”[/FONT]

See the difference?

Upvote 0
I bet you guys would love to get your grubby little techno-mitts on that engine though, eh?;)

"I told him we already got one..."
(snickering behind battlements)

They probably wouldn't give much.. they've had one for a while... IIRC it was part of the MSU prize that gave them a UE2.5 license as well....

Upvote 0
I play the games, i don't really care which way or the other how they're made, i care more about how they look, feel and play. I'd heard that TWI MIGHT have been getting a version or something of the new engine, but i hadn't heard anything final. On these forums i tend to check general and ideas and nothing else as none of the rest of it applies or appeals to me. Don't be giving me flak just because i missed a memo, i bet you guys have missed the occasional beat in the past.

Frigging hell, i'm not all-knowing or all-powerful.

Upvote 0