• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

stutter with Nvidia 8800 GTS and OTHER EFFECTS

Otto

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2007
I have the stutter issue with 8800 GTS 640MB 163.71 driver, E6750 CPU, 2Gb, Win XP, 1920x1200 60Hz, max settings. I had stutter on several maps, mostly in door (I never had stutter on my other computer with 7900GT/E6400/2GB/Win XP).

I had very unusual observations with zhitomir1941: Russian side, defending the third objective (left building) with semi-auto sniper indoor, third floor near the stairs on the Russian side. I run toward German spawn to open the door across the long hallway, and went back - stutters appeared, but

1) it does NOT look like fps drop, but stutter.

2) I tried to lay on the stairs as I did before and rest the sniper rifle, but RIFLE DID NOT REST, AND "REST WEAPON ICON" DID NOT APPEAR.

3) I did not kill any German even motionless with the right sight after it (I had many chances and I was killing many before from the same position).
----------------------------------------------
The stutter prevented me from resting weapon at the usual place and aiming. This is very unusual and IT CANNOT HAPPEN ONLY BECAUSE OF THE DRIVERS ONLY.

Last edited:
The stuttering issue with 8-series cards effects just about all games based on the Unreal 2-2.5 engine. In my experience, the stuttering occurs most heavily at zone transitions or areas containing multiple zones, and such would be prevalent on maps such as Zhitomir and Danzig due to the high number of portals/zones that you will experience in a light urban map. The issue, ultimately, is with Nvidia and not RO (being as if effects other games based on the same engine as RO), yet Nvidia has done nothing to rectify the issue for XP users.

Upvote 0