• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt Beta 2

Mathematically speaking, for the Russians to run out of reinforcements, one of them would need to die every three seconds. My goal was for the Allies to never even consider the possibility of running out reinforcements.

60s/min * 75min = 4500s
Russian Reinforcements = 1500rus

1500rus/4500s = 1rus/3s = (1/3)rus/s

kekek

Logistic and Floyd, you both put up some good arguments and offer some valuable insight through experience. It's going to be tough getting a third beta out that can remain a challenge for both sides without significantly skewing it decisively to one side (though the current state of developments seem to be pushing it toward the Allies). I just wish I had more time on my hands to actually make and push out said developments.

Upvote 0
@ logistic earth- thats very true regarding the piling up on teh berm The last time I played I was trying to attack the left house as TL with the svt, nearly got in a few times but all I got was abuse from the team "DONT LEAVE THE RUBBLE" and "YOUR WASTING REINF". Way to turtle people. Often I think the russians are too keen to go to cover on the bridge rather than keeping the pressure up.

I'm not brave enough to go over "The Berm" (insert scary music) myself, but as it is just a video game, I'll try it next time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As a Russian, if you manage to assault and hold the Alsen Viertel (commonly referred to as "that building on the left"), you deny the Axis advantageous MG positions, as well as Panzerfaust spawns. Furthermore, you can allow your tanks to concentrate their fire on the Ministry, as well as having yourself safely within the cap. When I play as Russian I tend to work on securing the Alsen Viertel -- and if feeling daring -- assault the Ministry of the Interior.

Upvote 0
As a Russian, if you manage to assault and hold the Alsen Viertel (commonly referred to as "that building on the left"), you deny the Axis advantageous MG positions, as well as Panzerfaust spawns. Furthermore, you can allow your tanks to concentrate their fire on the Ministry, as well as having yourself safely within the cap. When I play as Russian I tend to work on securing the Alsen Viertel -- and if feeling daring -- assault the Ministry of the Interior.

But alas, you must communicate with your tankers and let them know not to fire at "the building on the left" lest they blow you back to spawn :rolleyes:

<infantryman>"Don't shoot at the building on the....." <BOOM!>
<tank comander>"Crap. Sorry. There was a gunner in that window a second ago."
<infantryman>"There was. We just cleared the building....Then you blew us up."

Upvote 0
stoopid tequila
sour1th.gif

Beta 4 please.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Evilhobo IMHO you should include a sniper class for the Axis for your next beta. With the lowering of Axis spawn number it doesn't seem that it would have a potential to give Axis a unnecessary advantage over the Allies if you put one sharpshooter on the Axis side.

IRL I'm doubtful that the last defenders of the Third Reich didn't have a sniper rifle stashed somewhere. But I might be wrong...

-p.

Happy Halloween!

Upvote 0
Everybody just HAS to have their sniper. Personnaly I don't think a sniper is necessary on this map, if you are a decent shot all you need is a bolt rifle.

I agree, the Karabiner is easy to shoot with just use that you really do not need the fancy scope! The marksman ("sniper") class should in my opinion in very few maps. Since the primary weapons on the battlefiled were the bolt action rifle and the smg.There's a way to limit how much tanks spawn... it'd be nice if there was a way to edit how many marksmen spawn in a map with marksmen. I would assume they'd have very little replacements of scoped rifles for the lowly company marksman.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My thoughts on the matter as well. People need to be able to think and have tactical awareness in order to succeed here, but a lack of this does not afflict only my map and therefore is not an issue specific to it. Idiots exist, and I am not going to cater to them.

I respect your efforts Hobo. But, somebody tells you there was a 50 (!!) minute battle for the last objective which has only 1 (one, uno, eins) tactical solution for allies and your alarm bells don't go off? Lol.

Upvote 0
I respect your efforts Hobo. But, somebody tells you there was a 50 (!!) minute battle for the last objective which has only 1 (one, uno, eins) tactical solution for allies and your alarm bells don't go off? Lol.

Well, there's really not only ONE solution, you can try any number of things. I took part in one or two of those 40-50 minute battles on the Moltke. The real reason for things like that happening is either because the Russians are being far too timid, or thier tankers aren't listening to thier infantry. It's not because it's an impossible objective. It's merely an objective that requires teamwork, and the Moltke assault has spawned some of the best spontaneous teamwork I've witnessed in RO.

I think part of the other reasons the Russians end up at the bridge with 50 minutes left isn't because the Germans are getting rolled over by a superior team, but rather that a group of German players have decided to just fall back to the bridge because it's easier. I've seen that happen. I'm not talking about a tactiacl withdrawl, I'm talking about "the match just started lets just go back to the bridge". EH, maybe you should mine a certain (very far) distance behind the German lines to shoot deserters ;)

Upvote 0
Im very impressed with optimization. On my low end system fps rarely drops below 20 (no recoil bug) on a full 44 slot server. Leningrad and Berezina is like 10-15 fps on average even with only 32 players on.
Is it the lack of tracers that make it run so much better???

My first impression is that last objective needs a little tweaking. Maybe an option to go under the bridge for allies. That should be doable without making it much easier to cap. I suspect EH wants this cap to be the hardest one ingame, success so far :cool:

Upvote 0
Sigurd said:
My first impression is that last objective needs a little tweaking. Maybe an option to go under the bridge for allies. That should be doable without making it much easier to cap. I suspect EH wants this cap to be the hardest one ingame, success so far

You have got to be kidding..... You do realize theres a fairly large river there right?
Also the last objective should be difficult to cap around there one if not both flak towers defending the Reichstag could butcher the russian tanks. Although they are not in game and impossible to add for gameplay reasons (they were indestructable) I still think that this last objective should be the most difficult for the russians to percure without demolishing the Germans reinforcement and keeping them under constant supression with machine gun and tank fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TT33 said:
You have got to be kidding..... You do realize theres a fairly large river there right?
Also the last objective should be difficult to cap around there one if not both flak towers defending the Reichstag could butcher the russian tanks. Although they are not in game and impossible to add for gameplay reasons I sti ll think that this last objective should be the most difficult for the russians to percure without demolishing the Germans reinforcement and keeping them under constant supression with machine gun and tank fire.

^^ Basically

For the Moltke Bridge my goal was to create a bridge crossing, wherein players had to cross over the bridge and take the other side, not fording the river Berezina style or hiding under the far side of it like on Leningrad, but actually moving over and capturing the opposite side of the riverbank. The Moltke Bridge is a hard objective to take, and it was meant to be hard to take, but there is always satisfaction to be had when one actually does succeed in taking it.

The only tweaking I would expect to implement in regard to the Moltke Bridge cap is moving the Soviet infantry spawn slightly closer / adding more cover on the approach such that players who walk around the Packhof aren't going across open ground every time. Most all else will remain the same.

And yes, the Soviets did cross the bridge in reality, and the Germans did try to blow it. However, the explosives did not destroy the bridge and instead is simply sagged in the middle but was still perfectly usable for Soviet armor to cross. The Russians were only able to take the bridge when night fell because in trying to assault the bridge in daylight, their tanks fell under the firepower of the Flak Tower that was ~600m away in the Tiergarten.

So, realistically speaking, the Battle for the Moltke Bridge itself should take place during the night, but the goal of Kriegstadt was more to recreate the experience of the urban/street fighting in the Battle of Berlin and then end it with an epic fight for a real landmark.

Upvote 0