• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RO-Voronezh: Official Thread

This battle of Voronezh was in june and july. While first Tigers were grey and they were fighting first time at Mga near Leningrad in end of Semptember 1942... So I think all the more in june and july 1942 there weren't yellow camo yet.

I would like to see purely grey german tanks cause on every maps are yellow. But it will looks a bit weird when PzIVF1 and StuG will be grey but PzIVF2 not... It would need to make grey camouflage for F2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm perfectly comfortable using the panzergrau color scheme on the German vehicles; however, I still need to utilize custom vehicle skins on at least the StuG because of the MG modification (gunner's compartment).

I did notice in the Achtung Panzer article that panzers in use in Southern Russia started receiving dunkelgelb (Afrikacorps) coloration during the Spring of '42. That doesn't mean that all panzers had that scheme applied right away.

Anyway, time and patience permitting I would like to apply the unit markings on to the tanks and assault guns for the GD Assault Battalion and 24th Panzer Division, both of which were involved in the fighting at Voronezh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Shurek --> There weren't StuG with MG in 1942 yet. They appeared just in 1943. And don't forget also that there wasn't StuG G yet but were F version. And would be nice if there were two F version (early and late). Cause Early had only 50mm front armor so in Armored Beasts russian tanks (76mm gun) will have more chances when they'll face early StuG version (obviously I mean with long barrel gun). Against late version with 80mm front armor russian 76mm guns might have problems with penetrate it on long distances but 50mm they should easily penetrate it even from 1500m. But this would need to ask Amizaur to make another version of StuG with 50mm but this doesn't take so much time and it's easy.

Upvote 0
Right, I understand that there was not a permanent MG mounting on the StuG III's until the G version came about in late '42/early '43.

However, since the StuG was vulnerable to infantry attack, a portable MG34 was frequently carried onboard to fend off anti-tank troops, even on the earliest model A's. This "deficiency" of not having a more convenient mounting was rectified with the creation of the mark G.:)

Here is a photo of a mark F with the loader riding on the hull with his MG34. The middle pic is of a mark F long barrel taken in the Don river area near Voronezh, Summer of '42. The bottom is of my custom StuG III F set to make its debut on my map.

StuGmg.jpg

ger-stug-3_ausff_5.jpg

mg34stug.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey sander, how's it going, been a long time. :)

I figured if it was going to take me a year to get this map out, then I better do it right and with as much content as possible. I have a feeling this will be my first and only map for this version of RO given the free time in my RL. Of course, that doesn't mean that I won't be available to help out other mappers with small side projects from time to time - like I'm currently doing.

Upvote 0
What I see is letting me hunger for more. Keep up the good work! :D
And btw, since I'm here I'll ask a question about the StuG: Is the Mannschaft with the MG-34 the "3rd slot" of the StuG? If so, could you provide me with some additional info in a PM? I'm considering getting back into UE, if not only for making a bigger version of Ogledow or Bondarevo.

Upvote 0
The StuG has the following spots/slots:

1 - Driver (standard)
2 - Commander/Gunner (standard)
3 - Loader/MG (custom)
4 - Rider 1 (custom)
5 - Rider 2 (custom)
6 - Rider 3 (custom)
7 - Rider 4 (custom)

I'll be releasing the entire package with my map's first Beta, after which point anyone is free to use the tank for their own work. However, I would wait to see if any further releases of the tank package need to be issued due to bugs picked up in the map's public Beta testing.

Ogledow and Bondarevo would be great stock maps to modify using this version of the StuG.

Upvote 0