• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Psychology

NoxNoctum

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
I've noticed two midly amusing traits relating to player psychology...

1) If on a map-voting server, you vote early (with say 30 seconds in the game left) for the map YOU want, chances are VERY good that once everyone starts voting, they'll vote for your map. It's as if seeing the white next makes them want to play that map. Pretty hilarious sometimes :p

2) VOIP vs. text commands. There's something about hearing a person's voice over VOIP yelling out commands that makes pubbers actually DO those things, vs. spamming chat with commands. Many times when playing Kurland Kessel and I'm calling arty in very risky spots (i.e. close to our guys) but deadly to the germans, and I repeatedly yell out in aan authoratative voice on VOIP "Do NOT go right etc...", people actually DO it, even on a huge 40-50 player server. Pretty amazing.

I've noticed two midly amusing traits relating to player psychology...
2) VOIP vs. text commands. There's something about hearing a person's voice over VOIP yelling out commands that makes pubbers actually DO those things, vs. spamming chat with commands. Many times when playing Kurland Kessel and I'm calling arty in very risky spots (i.e. close to our guys) but deadly to the germans, and I repeatedly yell out in aan authoratative voice on VOIP "Do NOT go right etc...", people actually DO it, even on a huge 40-50 player server. Pretty amazing.
Yes I agree on this,I play mostly TWB 50 (2)communityservers and the more vocal the better,peeps do actually listen.

Upvote 0
3) This one appears to be an RO law as well: If two players face one another for a long enough time, perhaps waiting for a tank to spawn, one of them WILL shoot the other. It's only a matter of time. I remember one time I was staring at a guy for a while just to see what would happen (an experiment, if you will) and sure enough, after like 20 seconds he popped me with his pistol! Wasn't even a TKer either... like he had this compulsion to do it.

Upvote 0
3) This one appears to be an RO law as well: If two players face one another for a long enough time, perhaps waiting for a tank to spawn, one of them WILL shoot the other. It's only a matter of time. I remember one time I was staring at a guy for a while just to see what would happen (an experiment, if you will) and sure enough, after like 20 seconds he popped me with his pistol! Wasn't even a TKer either... like he had this compulsion to do it.

LOL....this is true! Try standing near a teamate and just aiming at him....it's like he HAS to shoot you.

Upvote 0

You know you must treat RO-players like children;) the word "not" will be tuned out so you will say "do go right" :p

5. ppl TKing you right before they leave the server

Upvote 0
-Weird player names which have no meaning you can understand + no clan tag means (in 95% of the times) that the player is a total noob and doesnt speak a word in English.

-After 3 years of playing, people still have no idea how to play the game

-Its not AI which needs patching, its the HI (Human Intelligence) which needs it

-Scoring is far more important then actually being a teamplayer, I know this has been repeated many times but too many people have the urge to throw a grenade at 2 players trying to stab eachother

-Usually on pubs, the people who grab the more important positions are usually the people who have no idea how to use them (AKA Sniper, Commander, etc..)

-

Upvote 0
they say admitting that you have a behaviour problem, is the first step to healing.
so here i go: i just cant leave it anymore to bash the weapon out of the hands of the AFK players or the ones who are busy typing. i dont steal their weapon, but its just hilarious to do it. and they rarely find out who you are, and if you do it right you never get kicked for TK!

some players (me) can only forgive a TK after going back and taking revenge on your killer, by giving him a friendly stab in the leg, or a bash, without intention to kill. then it's all forgiven and forgotten!

Upvote 0
they say admitting that you have a behaviour problem, is the first step to healing.
so here i go: i just cant leave it anymore to bash the weapon out of the hands of the AFK players or the ones who are busy typing.

I like to do that too sometimes, just bash / shoot the weapons out of his hands and watch him look around all confused when he gets back... funny:D

Oh and this is also an unwritten rule: when an objective is difficult to capture, give up the fight. Don't advance, just take potshots while prone just outside the spawnpoint.

Upvote 0
Usually on pubs, the people who grab the more important positions are usually the people who have no idea how to use them (AKA Sniper, Commander, etc..)

word!

99% of the time the first class that is been selected is the sniper rifle, especially on the maps where its more important on (e.g. Basovka)

98% of the time the person who picked has no clue how to use it :confused:

Upvote 0
6. The uncontrollable urge to stop and browse shiny weapons laying on the ground out in the open under a hail of bullets. Ahem!.... there is a reason there is a pile of guns there somebody is pegging that spot keep moving dip$hit!

ADHD is a killer.

Can't resist a nice shiney STG44 when I have a silly rifle in a cq battle.

Upvote 0
some ppl like me, like to do crazy stuff in the small "do whatever you want" moment when the new match is about to begin!

it's so funny to throw a grenade at the feet of fellow soldiers who are waiting for the new match to begin, and who start panicking. while the nade (usually) doesn't blow, cause the new round will begin!

Upvote 0