• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the hell its wong with tankers?

The problem with adding a delay when changing position is that you guys picture a single crewman moving alone in the tank.The way I see it, there's already a full crew, I'm just switching role.

Anyway, why ruin the fun of those who like to go solo? Nobody is stopping you from team tanking if you prefer it that way.

I agree with the delay for entering/exiting tanks. Now that is gamey. Especially the pussies who eject from their tank right before the killing shot to deny you a kill. Then they have nothing to do but walk for 5 minutes back to spawn or suicide.

Upvote 0
The problem with adding a delay when changing position is that you guys picture a single crewman moving alone in the tank.The way I see it, there's already a full crew, I'm just switching role....

yeah I hear what your saying, but because the rest of the crew are doing bugger all, it's equally hard to imagine they are actually there.

Upvote 0
This thread keeps rehashing over and over from time to time but Ill put in my 2 cents anyway.

I prefer solo tanking but will team tank effectively and enjoy TTing if the other players actualy knows how it's done. Most don't unfortunately. When I do TT, it is usually with somebody I TTanked with before as us Tank Map fanatics are a tight family. Especially on the FKR servers.

My philosophy is simple.

If there are more tanks than tankers at spawn, I solo tank. No reason to not use a resource if it is available.

The only exception is the Tiger and IS2 which work better with 2 ppl inside.

A group of three tanks manned by one person each will destoy a single tank manned by three people every time. A Tiger maybe being an exception.

If I am forced to TT I will play to the best of my ability that round. Now if my teamate turns out to be an idiot then I will either ask him to politely take his own tank or I will make it a training session of he is a noob and willing to learn.

At the end of the day, I paid for this game just like everyone else here so I will do as I please. I do not owe anyone anything online. I just try to play the game to cap and to win. Simple as that.

Yes, this game is about TEAMWORK. Most of us solo-Tankers use Voicecoms to coordinate our attacks. So it is not like we are not using teamwork. The guy that hops into your tank and then drives into a minefield is the one that is not the Team-Players AFAIAC.

This philosophy works fine for me FWIW and never had any arguments over tanks this way.

Seat Delay? It will never happen. Ask the developers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not so much a function of the game itself needing a 'forced crew' fix or anything- it's all about having a group of players who WANT to crew together for greater effectiveness and/or realilsm.

As for myself, I would MUCH rather crew with others- BUT the problem is that the vast majority of players either A) dont' have a clue as to how to properly employ any given tank type- or ANY tank, for that matter, or B) dont' have a mic and make no effort to communicate with text, signal flags or carrier pigeons.

Team tanking is much more satisfying than solo crewing, but the sad reality is that no one knows what you want to do in your tank better than YOU- that's why single-crewed StuG's and SU-76' are so effective- the ONE crewmember knows exactly what he wants to do and put his vehicle exactly i nteh firing position he wants. In a turreted tank, a two-man crew can make up for a lot of mistakes jus tby virtue of that turret being able to traverse onto the target- but again, a solo tanker knows best what HE wants to do and in a great many cases doesn't want to put up with a potentially incompetent gunner (and vice versa- good gunners know the value of a good driver and if they get some yayhoo in the driver's seat they're as good as dead).

My personal advice is to hook up with 'realism' units or clans that focus on team tanking and such- you'll generally find kindred spirits there. You may run across an excellent team tanker 'in the wild' but it's a rare thing indeed.

Upvote 0
When people complain about communication when in a tank with me (which is funny because I tend to call out location and range of tanks... and the gunner ignores me) it's because they're Euro and the carrier pigeons have to cross the ocean.

Although it seems they ignore me when I'm in the gunner position too. Tiger on Kriovi... dum de dum going towards the enemies... wait why are we going this way they can have a shot at our side. OH GOD THERE'S 7 TANKS. RIGHT. RIGHT. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RIGHT WE'RE GOING TO DIE.

Guess what direction my driver didn't go and we were taken out by a massed barrage.

Upvote 0
K Rohm is 100% correct on this.

What makes some people think that forcing another owner of RO to TT with him is somehow a good thing?? When we feel like we want to TT most of us annouce that we need a driver at spawn. What ever happened to common courtesy anyway?

IOW, don't just jump into a tank if it is occupied, ASK. Common courtesy, simple as that.

Do they actually think that pi$$ing people off and following them from tank to tank is somehow condusive to a good game expience??

Sure, some people are selfish but that is the exception to the rule and are quite rare. When there are more tanks than people this is a moot point. Most solo tankers are good people. But making a game of annoying all solo tankers at spawn will not win you any popularity contests either.

Just food for thought.

Upvote 0
When people complain about communication when in a tank with me (which is funny because I tend to call out location and range of tanks... and the gunner ignores me) it's because they're Euro and the carrier pigeons have to cross the ocean.

Although it seems they ignore me when I'm in the gunner position too. Tiger on Kriovi... dum de dum going towards the enemies... wait why are we going this way they can have a shot at our side. OH GOD THERE'S 7 TANKS. RIGHT. RIGHT. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RIGHT WE'RE GOING TO DIE.

Guess what direction my driver didn't go and we were taken out by a massed barrage.
Right?

Upvote 0
the fact that there are like 10 people waiting for tanks to spawn (happens a lot in BDJ, for exemple)

Then you are on the wrong server.

Look at the FKR servers. There is usually 3 empty tank PER 1 Player.

If a server is really THAT full, I go to one that isn't THAT full. Problem solved.

The FKR servers are your friend. They have at least 4 or more tank map servers running IIRC.

Upvote 0
and people who never tried teamtanking but would actually like it.

I disagree.

Most solo tankers are Solo exacty BECAUSE they tried it with some idiot that kept getting them killed.

Again, the solution is simple. It's called common courtesy.

Hit the Y key and "ASK" before jumping in a tank. Why would this be so hard?

In fact, I think this should be built into the games system to where you can't enter an occupied solo tank unless you ASK first, via the menu system. This would solve everybody's problem without ruining gameplay.

It's certainly more civilized that some idiot named ROplayer SMGing my T34 I leave spawn when there are three empty IS2s sitting there behind him. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Seat Delay? It will never happen. Ask the developers.

Your saying it wont be implemented, or it's impossible to do?

If re-inforcements played more of a part in maps than they do, you could lessen the advantage of solo tanking by having them linked to tank losses rather then the people killed or put another way, 2 or 3 dead crew together in one tank would reduce re-inforcements as if they were 1.
If it could be done of course.

Upvote 0
"Ask them" is not a valid argument. The vast majority of idiots in tanks complain to hell when someone even suggests they share their tiger. They come up with unsupported claims like "I'm more efficient alone". What's worse is you get the people that act like an idiot BECAUSE they have to share their tank. Get in a KV, and the driver heads to the nearest minefield. What's worse is that I see these "efficient while alone" people are always camping.

Who needs the tiger on KrioviRog to move forward, it can always just sit there in the back, where it has no line of sight to enemy tanks. The t-34s outclass p3s, is a match for the p4s, and axis have to rely on heavy tanks and the fact that the stug blows the SU out of the water. (Yes, a smart panther can out-do an IS-2 easily. Remember in 3.3 when it was put in as a Panther killer and didn't live up to that title on Barashka?)

Upvote 0
OMH, what ever happened to common sense?

If you ask a tanker to TT and he sez NO then what makes you think that jumping into his tank will somehow change his mind for the better? All you are doing is asking for a pi$$ing contest.

To dogbadger: It wont be implemented because this has been asked for before and it has been turned down or ignored over and over again. Faaagheddabboutit! developers know that seat delay will ruin the game so it will not happen period.

My "ASK TO TEAMTANK" idea is at least a viable option that could work for both parties.

In the end this argument is moot as TWI will NOT implement seat delays. My idea of "ASK THE DRIVER" is at least a new alternative for them to consider.

Regarless, it should be common courtesy to ASK before you jump into an occupied tank.

Did all of you forget your manners or what? Would you do that in real life? I doubt it.

It's real simple.

No tanks at spawn but one? Is it occupied? Politely ASK to TT with this player. If he is rude and sez NO then go to an FKR server where there are tanks galore to choose from.
Simple as that. Why make it so hard?

Upvote 0
I'll tell you what wrong(am going from thread name) with tankers(or ******s as i call em) they have no respect for the infantry,an Is2/t(IM da turkey bitxch)-34 rolls over 2 russkies nothin said it was your fault, the lad lookin out the small port hole in a big fat ****in fat **** of a sardinne can (goinin at 20knh per hour)could never be at fault could he?,not his fault if he rolled over 2 ptrd guys not his fault at all,next rouund he decides to take a back seat and watch his whole team get slaughtered attacking a monument,not his fault at all,no mg cover no nothing and then the complaint when the enemy infantry start to invade his so called quarterback line:eek::D
Anyway stop whining tankers and support your infantry;)(how ever many of you are in the frackin tank!)
RANT OVER
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To dogbadger: It wont be implemented because this has been asked for before and it has been turned down or ignored over and over again. Faaagheddabboutit! developers know that seat delay will ruin the game so it will not happen period.

oh i didn't ask anyone to do this, you must have skimmed my post without reading it.
when you say 'ruin the game' you mean for solo tankers, yeah?

Upvote 0
oh i didn't ask anyone to do this, you must have skimmed my post without reading it.
when you say 'ruin the game' you mean for solo tankers, yeah?

Yes, that's what he means, and he's right. Why would Tripwire want to ruin the game for anyone? Team tanker, solo tanker, smgers, riflemans...Everybody has the choice to do what they prefer.

Upvote 0