• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

recommend me an rts

illinifan

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2007
i have all the aoe's got bored of them
i didnt like the medieval total war 2 demo
dont like turn based games
thinking about settlers roae or the new company of heroes but if company of heroes is that usual western front only game im not gettin it

Empire Earth
Basically, you can go from cavemen to nanobots in one game. One of the best RTS games ever to me.

Empire: Dawn of the Modern World
A followup to Empire Earth. Features more detailed factions (requiring different tactics, unlike EE where all factions have the same units), but less 'ages'.

Dawn of War
Epic game, hehe. Based on the Warhammer 40.000 universe, it features relentless, allmost constant, and brutal action. Also, the Space Marines (faction in the game) has the most character to it then wichever other faction from whatever other game. (IMHO)

Upvote 0
The Battle for Middle-Earth 1. Somewhat decent in single player, even thought most of the missions feel like random skirmish.

The Battle for Middle-Earth 2. Now this is bit poor on the single player part (even though it has beter plot and structure than BFME1), but multiplayer can be quite fun sometimes.

Dawn of War + expansions. Nuff said.

Commandos 1 and 2. More puzzle games tbh, but still damm great ones.

Close Combat 2 - A Bridge too Far. If you can get hands on this ancient game (ten years old approximitely) I definetly recommend it.

Blitzkrieg. It combines some lightweight realism with RTS stuff and is quite enjoyable overall.

Red Alert (original). Nuff said.

Command & Conquer (original). Nuff said.

Upvote 0
Just played another couple of rounds of Dawn of War as the Space Marines, and im F-ing loving their statements as you order them around :D

"The fallen shall forever be remembered as the Emperor's finest"
"It is better to die for the Emperor then live for yourself!"
"Even in death i still serve!"
"DIE, DIE, DIE! BURN HERETIC!"
"I will destroy their minds and burn their bodies"
"For the God-Emperor, FOR GLORY!"

And remember:
"Beware the Alien, the Mutant, the Heretic!"

*love*

Upvote 0
Supreme commander

very good rts best since 1997 i even think.

I was holding off buying this game because basically, my PC was too crap to handle it. Ive jsut upgraded though and was playing the demo, and to be honest, not a lot has changed from TA, so it seems....but who cares? It was a brilliant RTS.

The AI has certainly improved too....I was playing the demo, slowly building up my forces planning to simply march over to the enemy and stomp them as is my usual tactic when out of a nowehre, a long range artillery shell made a direct hit on my commander, taking out him and half the base, and ending my game. i actually just sat there, shocked....didn't think the game's AI had the intelligence to build proper units and buildings rather than just rush me with crappy robots. Needless to say, Ive jsut gone out and bought the game (

Upvote 0