• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Soviet Anti-Tank Convert

What !?! a light tank- hahaha, thats funny.

Lol, I know very well what Pz3 is and I didn't call it light tank but just light. In the game it is modelled as a very weak tank and is also the lightest the Germans have, you can kill them with a PTRD with a couple of shots to the frontal armor at distances like 200 meters (e.g. from 2nd line trench at Berezina when the tanks are at 1st line).

Upvote 0
Lol, I know very well what Pz3 is and I didn't call it light tank but just light. In the game it is modelled as a very weak tank and is also the lightest the Germans have,

-The Panzer III in game which is the Panzer III Ausf L is 22.7 metric tons the Panzer IV F(1) is 22.3 metric tons. so technically the lighter tank is the Panzer IV F(1).

-lol
Ive killed the Panzer III frontally with a PTRD with 1 shot even when it was slightly angled- leiningrad is a massicure for the Germans when I have the Ptrd.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Colt. 45 Killer said:
pzlll's and 4's were no problems to kill in earlier versions, just aim for the drivers window and BOOOOOOM ammmo boxation!

hello m8.

Thats the problem the Panzer III L(in game which btw is late verion of the Pz III) far exceeds what the Ptrd can penetrate in the front and rear armor. Even the earlier verisons even could not be pentrated unless you start going back to the lesser made verisons such as Panzer III G (600 made) which only had 30mm of frontal armor but this still was very difficult to knock from the front and really plain stupid as it would expose you to Mg fire.

Now for the Panzer IV's again you'd have to go back to an early and scantly produced model such as the Panzer IV D
(first real production model of the Panzer IV 229 made) to be able to have a chance at penetraing the front with the Ptrd

Yes, sadly the often underrated and forsaken Panzer III suffers a worse fate than lesser armored vehicles in the game such as the Halftrack, Su-76, or the Panzer IV "F2".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
obviously they dont have satchels or they arent hidden by a tree :p

Peter, when do you play? ill have a pturd war with ya ;):eek:

1st Rule of tanking: Never sit idle by trees. Too easy for enemy infantry to sneak up on you using woods for cover.

2nd Rule of tanking: Always keep moving. Always fun to see the clown car asshats speed up to your tank, dismount, and try and throw a stachel on your deck. I'll always take off and go just fast enough that they can't catch up to me, and then spray them at my leasure.

The server I'm always on is Arad Real forests 3 so you can techically drive quite a ways into the forest. If they can see me from the forest edge then I can see them, which means I'll usually run them over and then back out.

Upvote 0
1st Rule of tanking: Never sit idle by trees. Too easy for enemy infantry to sneak up on you using woods for cover.

2nd Rule of tanking: Always keep moving. Always fun to see the clown car asshats speed up to your tank, dismount, and try and throw a stachel on your deck. I'll always take off and go just fast enough that they can't catch up to me, and then spray them at my leasure.

The server I'm always on is Arad Real forests 3 so you can techically drive quite a ways into the forest. If they can see me from the forest edge then I can see them, which means I'll usually run them over and then back out.

i usually play orel, so ill hit SDK251, Stug, P3 and P4 from 500-300m in decent protected locations which are very hard to see, even for the players who are on the server all the time.

Oh, and if your good in a clown car, you present a target while the tankers on your side pound the other team into oblivion and call out other targets to them :p

oh, and i have mostly stopped attacking from infront with a CC, ill drive in behind about 50m, run up, drop 2 satchels and get in the car, resupply, do it again :p

Upvote 0
I think the p3 as it is in the game is too weak. For a main battle tank, it lights up like a match. There's automatic instant kill spots everywhere on that thing, and unless you're shooting at it from 1 o'clock or a mile away, your shots will penetrate with the PTRD.

Oh, and for giggles I found out that the ptrd can't penetrate the back armor of a tiger.

Upvote 0
?

?

I think the p3 as it is in the game is too weak. For a main battle tank, it lights up like a match. There's automatic instant kill spots everywhere on that thing, and unless you're shooting at it from 1 o'clock or a mile away, your shots will penetrate with the PTRD.
Oh, and for giggles I found out that the ptrd can't penetrate the back armor of a tiger.

Its been established that the Panzer III L in game has a lower armor value than its real life counter part.
:confused: It can penetrate the tiger and destroy it with two shots to the rear.

Look here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=23QsdbhI.../youtube.com/watch?v=23QsdbhIF2E[/COLOR][/SIZ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

umm, yes, it can, you just have to be REALLY close, and you usually end up getting run over cause you are within 5m..........

there are these special little hatches on the back of the tanks that you have to aim at.......3 shots and a panther OR tiger goes BOOM

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0