• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stranglehold demo out

Just played the demo.
There are no graphics options, controls are kinda annoying too: if you walk into something Tequila will slide over it, and with control he will duck behind it... Now you can see the trouble there in a run and gun shooter, right?

Action is kinda cool, not as cool as Max Payne though cause its to over the top, but i like the fact all debris keeps lying around. A minus to that is that bodies DONT stay, so in the end when you look back you see a thrashed level but no bodies, wich is kinda lame. Kinda makes you feel like a hooligan with no life.
Other then that, i like the precision aiming feature, where you can target parts of the body for a 1 shot kill.

You dont have to reload however, wich i liked in for example Max Payne 2 where you'd reload with a swirl in slowmotion and then proceed on killing enemies, wich was cool.
However in John Woo movies they barely ever reload, perhaps maybe only outside of action but never in action lol, so... I dont know, it should be ok in that case but it still feels weird.

Upvote 0
Downloaded and installed the day it came out, went to go start it, and crashes my comp. It'll show me all those stupid .bik videos at the beginning, then during the menu loading screen (where it shows the controls) it just turns my comp off. Did it 3 times, then after that I said **** it and uninstalled. Never had a game do that to me before with this comp. I have my latest video drivers, and yes my 7600 GT supports shader model 3.

To answer Arto's question; this game most likely needs shader model 3 since its a UE3.0 game.

Upvote 0