• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation some vehicle models

nice, but i can find many errors so i guess it's wip
your models are way to detailed i think to get in the game

here i go: ;)

the front hull of the jagdpanther is wrong, the exhaust is also wrong and the side armor should overlap the rear plate.
the muzzlebreak is wrong and the gun mantlet is to long and has wrong shape.
also the driver viewing slit is missing

about the puma, the hull is more complex than it actually was. i see to many faces and especially the front is wrong. like from the middle to the front nose it should only be one plate.

the rest looks promising :p

nice work

Upvote 0
These models need alot of work. As pointed out before, they all have too much geometry; many edges are useless and need to be removed, they don't add anything to the shape of the mesh. Just looking at the JagdPanther's gun mantlet made me cringe. All those edge loops on the T26's hull need to be removed, it's useless geometry.

To help with learning how to model , I suggest to practice texturing. There is also alot of detail being modeled which should be painted on a texture instead, such as the tracks on the tanks. The better textures you make, the less geometry you have to model. If your going to model for games keep it low-poly, your models seem to be a sort of fusion of low-and-high poly, some places have way too much geometry where as others have too little; keep it consistent.

The models also have many inaccuracies, esspecially that Jagdpanther. Always be sure to have tons of photographic reference, not just schematics. Attention to detail is key.

Upvote 0
As the guys have noted, work on polishing them up and I know people who can potentially help get them into the game. ;) Look at some of the stock vehicles and see how the devs worked around apparent hi-poly areas and how well the skins cover up what you think would be high detail work with more polys. Very nice models, just approach them one at a time to optimize.

Upvote 0