• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Runtime Error :(

Trendkill

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2006
Dorset, UK
RO has been working fine up until I tried to play it today and got this:

error.png

I deleted the game content and re-installed it but that didn't help so now I have no idea how to fix this... :confused:

guys the hotfix fixed the common fix that worked for people.

Do you get a redorchestra.log file created after such a crash if so upload the log file here. Dont paste the intents just upload the entire log file. And i can try to see if i see something.

together with it upload your dxdiag log file

(start -> run -> type in dxdiag and hit enter, somewhere inside there you can save a log file)

Upvote 0
guys the hotfix fixed the common fix that worked for people.

Do you get a redorchestra.log file created after such a crash if so upload the log file here. Dont paste the intents just upload the entire log file. And i can try to see if i see something.

together with it upload your dxdiag log file

(start -> run -> type in dxdiag and hit enter, somewhere inside there you can save a log file)
Sorry for sounding stupid but... what?

Upvote 0
Sorry for sounding stupid but... what?

There's a button at the lower left of your screen. It says "Start." (I'm assuming here that you're not running Vista, because I don't know WTF it is in Vista.)

Anyway. The button that says "start" on it. Click it. A menu pops up. There's an option on that menu that says "Run." Click on that one.

A dialog box pops up, with a text box for you to fill in, and there's buttons at the bottom - OK / CANCEL / BROWSE. The OK button is ghosted until you type something in the box.

Type 'DXDIAG' (w/out the quotes) in that box, and click 'OK,' which will bring up your Direct X DIAGnostics.

Along the bottom of the window that comes up you'll see four buttons: HELP / NEXT PAGE / SAVE ALL INFORMATION / EXIT. Click the button labeled SAVE ALL INFORMATION. This will bring up a box titled 'COLLECTING INFORMATION." Wait until this is finished - it may take a few minutes, depending on how fast your system is.

Then you'll get a dialog box for saving your file. The default location should be the desktop, and that's probably a good place to save to, so that you can find it easily.

Type in a file name and click the button marked 'SAVE.'

Then attach that file to a post in this forum. If you need help with how to do that, let me know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi! I have the same problem as everyone, the runtime error. I have an Ati Radeon 9600 XT. I have done all of the recomendations that all of you give, but nothing works. I play fine some days ago, but now i can

Attachments

• System Specs.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag 2.txt
    17 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag 3.txt
    12.9 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Things that I made, but in vain:

-Changing this lines in the different positions that you all recommend(to use Direct 3D or OpenGL):
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

-Delete RedOrchestra.ini, ClienteRegistry.blob.

-Validate cach

Upvote 0