• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Soviet Anti-Tank Convert

Call me crazy, but I've recently discovered the joys of PTRDing my way across the various battlefields in RO. Certainly, as has been noted in other threads, AT troops with PTRD's are very much in the minority, and definitely among the lowest-scoring of the various classes- BUT (and those who are P-tards as well know this) there is a certain satisfaction in taking out a big, bad Panzer with nothing more than an outdated, low-calber AT rifle.

Call me crazy, but I've recently discovered the joys of PTRDing my way across the various battlefields in RO. Certainly, as has been noted in other threads, AT troops with PTRD's are very much in the minority, and definitely among the lowest-scoring of the various classes- BUT (and those who are P-tards as well know this) there is a certain satisfaction in taking out a big, bad Panzer with nothing more than an outdated, low-calber AT rifle.

Come play on the Arad 24/7 server sometime. The P-tard guys are usually in the top scorers there. I had over 200 points the other day, with a PTRD.

Upvote 0
you can kill those light Pz3s easily

What !?! a light tank- hahaha, thats funny.

The Panzer III is not a light tank!! It is a medium tank (23 tons version in game) that was responsible for armored victories until 1943! Remember it was the Panzer III that rolled across Europe, Russia, and Afrika. It was Germany's main battle tank until 1943 when it was replaced by other tanks.

Its armor was good enough to withstand most tanks of its time. The Panzer III L in game had 50 mm + 20 mm (total of 70 mm on the drivers front plate and mantle) of frontal armor. Its rear armor was 50 mm. Its 50 mm Kwk 39 L/60 cannon was better in terms of firepower than the Soviet 76.2 mm F-34 and could penetrate the T-34 up to around 1000 meters.

Look here:

50mm KwK 39 L/60
Penetration of Armor Plate at 30 degrees from Vertical.
Ammunition: 100m 500m 1000m 1500m 2000m
Panzergranate 39: 67mm 57mm 44mm 34mm 26mm
Panzergranate 40: 130mm 72mm 38mm 0mm 0mm
Pzgr.39 (APCBC) - Armor Piercing Composite Ballistic Cap
Pzgr.40 (APCR) - Armor Piercing Composite Rigid (Tungsten Core)

There was nothing light about the Panzer III.

Back on topic:)
Look here at this video on how to use the over-effective PTRD to its maximum... well.. effectiveness-lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=23QsdbhI.../youtube.com/watch?v=23QsdbhIF2E[/COLOR][/SIZ

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i like using it on orel - enhanced.........just find a good point and you can hold up the axis in NB for a good 5 minutes while they search for you and get blown up..........til you run outta ammo though :(

hahaha!

I like to get over in the -very- edge of the wheat fields in east field, where you're still in the cap zone. 2-3 tanks come over there to cap, I duck out of the cap zone so they don't see that I'm there. Shoot 'em up, move back in and re-cap, then run back over to the farm and get ammo. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Drives the Germans effing bonkers, because they just can't tell where they're getting killed from.

Upvote 0